Dr. Fagel is a safety and disaster management consultant. He specializes in industrial safety, OSHA, safety, FEMA, security, transportation, and the food industries. He spent over 100 days at ground zero following the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Dr. Fagel has over 30 years combined experienced in industrial safety, fire services, rescue, law enforcement, emergency management, and government. He was instrumental in getting the first red meat facilities in the OSHA voluntary protection program. Dr. Fagel also has 15 years experience working in Washington on various national organizations. He has worked with Fortune 500 facilities, as well as government, aerospace, and food industries.
- Disaster Management
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD, CHCM, CEM, WSO-CSE, WSO-CSSD, WSO-CGSO
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Safety Council, Winner of Distinguished Service to Safety Award, 2001
American Society of Safety Engineers,NAtional Fire Protection Association,World Safety Organization, International Association of Emergency Managers
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Have deliverd over 500 Lectures across North America and overseas on Safety, Disaster Management and Emergency Response
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 20 Plus for case review, over 60 clients for work indeveloping safety plans, audits and reviews NOT associated with litigation
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Industrial Safety
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 0%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 100%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15 Plus
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 2002
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: several
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: several
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15 plus
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Audits,case review, on site inspections, training, plan development
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 2002 rates are an average of $150.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 2002 Rates are an average of $150.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Hourly rates x 2, average $300.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Hourly Rate x 2, average $300.00 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses billed at 105%,travel rates` per hour established per case, Incidental, photo, postage at cost
Per Diem charged per GSA rates for Locale
Craig, Terril & Hale
P O Box 1979
Lubbock, TX 79408
806 744 3232
Dombroff & Gilmore
55 W Wacker Drive