My qualifications are based on over 30 years of experience practicing in the field of gastroenterology, training as a clinician, and treating patients with a range of gastroenterological ailments such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and Ulcerative Colitis, Hepatology and Liver disease and other gastrointestinal disorders.
I have served as expert in multiple malpractice cases. I have served as regulatory consultant and expert in numerous pharmaceutical as well as device related litigation and patent issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Hepatology (Liver)
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CURRENT LICENSURE:
Maryland license number D34426, September 1986
1987 American Board of Internal Medicine, subspecialty of Gastroenterology
1984 American Board of Internal Medicine
EDUCATION AND DEGREES:
1984 – 1986 Veterans Administration Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Director:
Leonard B. Seef, M.D.
1981-1984 George Washington University Hospital and School of Medicine,
Washington, D.C. Director: Gorge G. Rios, M.D. Internship and
1977-1981 Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, New Jersey College of
Medicine and Dentistry, Newark, New Jersey. Doctor of Medicine.
1973-1977 University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado. Bachelor of Arts, with
Distinction. Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology. Alpha Epsilon
Delta Honor Society.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS
2006-2009 Member, Gastrointestinal Drugs Advisory Committee of the FDA
1988-2007 Member, American Gastroenterology Association
1996-2007 Vice President and Medical Director, AmeriTrial OTC Research Inc.
2000-2004 Member, Board of Trustees, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
2002-2004 Member, FDA Gastrointestinal and Urologic Device Panel
2000-2002 President, Medical Staff of Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
1999-2001 President, Medical Board Executive Committee, Anne Arundel Medical
Center, Annapolis, MD
1998-2000 Vice President, Medical Board Executive Committee, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
1997-1999 Secretary/Treasurer, Medical Board Executive Committee, Anne Arundel
Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
1995-1998 President, Maryland Ambulatory Surgery Association
1995-1999 Chairman, Anne Arundel Medical Center Institutional Review Board
1995-Current Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology
1995- Current Fellow American Gastroenterology Association
1994-1995 Member at Large, Medical Executive Board, Anne Arundel Medical
Center, Annapolis, MD
1990-1992 Board Member, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
1990-1992 President, Medical Staff, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
1989-1990 IRB Chair, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
1986-2000 Assistant Professor of Medicine, Uniformed Services of Health Sciences,
1986-1990 Staff Gastroenterologist, Malcolm Grow USAF Medical Center, Andrews
Air Force Base, Largo, MD
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 12
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Pharmaceutical patent, inter-party lawsuits regarding contractual obligations of pharma companies to market product under license, medical malpractice, hepatic (liver) or gastrointestinal toxicity or poisoning, injury cases seeking damage awards.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 29, 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, patent review, expert report writing, developing adjudication committees to assist in managing clinical report, scientific analysis
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600
Time w/ Attorney
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $600.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Flat Fee of $6000.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Flat Fee of $8500.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $600.00 Deposition Preparation
$160.00 Research Associate
$375.00 Travel time
$50.00 Document Preparation and Mail
References upon request.