Mr. Terrace specializes in Real Estate Malpractice as an expert witness. Experienced in: Reports, Opinions, and Testimony in Civil Lawsuit Cases. Resume upon request.
Mr. Terrace upon request conducts seminars on "Broker Liability dealing with the Public" for local Boards of Realtors and Ethics and Arbitration Hearings for the New Jersey Association of Realtors. (NJAR)
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Mapping & Surveying
- Property Management
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Damages
- Real Estate Malpractice
- Real Estate Valuation
- Residential Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: National Association of Realtors Certified Professional Standards Procedures Instructor. American Arbitration Association certificate as Mediator.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Realtors, New Jersey Association of Realtors, Eastern Bergen County Board of Realtors. (REBAC) - Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council, Notary Public.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Conduct seminars to teach Realtor-Code Of Ethics.
Also how to reduce Agent Liability and Proper Agency representation: Dual, Seller, Buyer, Transaction. Real Estate Disclosure laws. Use of Seller Disclosure Form ptocedures.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 75+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Real Estate-Laws of Agency, License Law- Statutes and Rules and Regulations, Standards of Practice, Standards of Care, Fiduciary responsibilities, Lead-based paint,Disclosure- Seller Disclosure Statements, Dual Agency, Agent Liability,Agent representation and procedures.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 65
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 35
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert testimony, consulting, site inspection, reports, Resume upon request.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 300.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 300.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 350.00 includes travel to and from.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 350.00 includes travel to and from. Whether called to testify or not fees due.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel-.55 per mile + tolls. reimbursement-food and board if necessary.
Fee Schedule upon request
Thomas Russomano, Esq.
Attorneys at Law
1771 Front Street
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
Barry J. Wendt, Esq.
Attorney at Law
212White Horse Pike
haddon Heights, New Jersey 08035
Charles n. Riley, Esq.
Riley & Sandilos
Attorneys at Law
900 N. kings Highway, Suite 308
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08034-1515
Slowinski Atkins, LLP
Matthew S. Slowinski, Esq.
One Newark Center
Newark, New Jersey 07102