More than a decade of experience in medicine and surgery as a General Surgeon, Bariatric Surgeon, and Obesity Medicine Physician. I am Board-Certified in General Surgery, Board Certified in Obesity Medicine, and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
I have a decade of experience in Clinical Outcomes Research with experience in study design, IRB and grant writing, managing research teams, biostatistics, and writing publications.
I graduated summa cum laude from Pacific Lutheran University, lettered in crew, worked part-time as a certified nursing assistant, and was involved in humanitarian work in India, Indonesia, and Mexico.
I graduated from one of the top medical schools in the country and completed a surgical residency at a premiere program; both at the University of Washington. I graduated at the top of my class and scored within the top 3% of examinees in the nation on surgical boards.
I have experience as an expert consultant, both plaintiff and defense, in addition to experience with independent chart review for insurance and disability claims.
I pride myself with my attention to detail, tenacious work ethic, evidence-based approach, concise communication and impartial analysis.
Areas of Expertise
- Bariatric Medicine
- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Medical Devices
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Malpractice
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: State of Washington #MD00047066
Board Certified General Surgery, ABS #055198
Board Certified Bariatric Medicine, ABOM
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
SAGES Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
Allergan Advanced Laparoscopic Fellowship Program
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Advanced Bariatric Life Support
ASMBS Obesity Compendium
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Medical Association (AMA)
American College of Surgeons (ACS)
American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP)
Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery (SAGES)
American College of Surgeons (WA Chapter) - counsel member
American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (WA Chapter) - counsul member
The Obesity Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Undergraduate : Sciences tutor
UW School of Medicine : Teaching Assistant (Anatomy and Physical Exam)
UW General Surgery Resident and Chief Resident
Weight loss seminars (monthly)
Pacific Lutheran University: Guest Speaker
Seattle Pacific University: Guest Speaker
American College of Surgeons: Guest Speaker
Physician pre-medical mentor
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery, Obesity Medicine, Laparoscopic Surgery, Hernias, Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD), Lap Band or LapBand, LapSleeve or Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert review and consulting for General Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, upperGI surgery, laparoscopic surgery, hernia, gallbladder. Expert Witness, Quality Assurance and Credentialing Consulting, Chart Review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: No charge for telephone consultation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400 & $150.00 per single-spaced reported page
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $416
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $509
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Off-site travel: $500/hr. Retainer fee $2000. $3200/8-hr day. All travel expenses. No cost for initial telephone consultation.
Tucker Law Firm
811 1st Ave #201
Seattle, WA 98104
102 East Liberty Street, 8th Floor
Savannah, GA 31401
Toll Free:(800) 626-1975
Fax : (912) 232-4212