Mark J. Prendergast, AAA has been closely involved in the Art, Antiques and Collectibles market for over 20 years, providing consulting, expertise, sales and valuations to private, institutional and corporate clients. Beginning his career in the arts as an art consultant with a national dealer/gallery, he joined Christie’s in 1998 and advanced to the position of Vice President. In 2009, he joined Heritage Auctions as director of Trusts & Estates. In 2017, Mark started his own appraisal, auction consulting and auctioneering company. He is a regular expert speaker to arts organizations and Trusts & Estates professional groups on the topics of the art market, the factors of valuation of art and the IRS requirements for proper appraisal practice. Mark graduated Vanderbilt University with a Bachelors of Arts in Art History, is a licensed auctioneer in the state of Texas and has passed the Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice Exam for 2020-21.
- Antiques, Art, & Collectibles Appraisal
- Personal Property Valuation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Member, Appraisers Association of America (the highest level of membership)
Licensed Auctioneer, Texas (Lic # 17118)
Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) compliant and tested through February 2022
Bachelor of Art History, Vanderbilt University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Appraisers Association of America, Certified Member
Estate Planning Council of New York City
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Mr. Prendergast is a regular speaker to arts organizations and Trusts & Estates professional groups on the topics of the art market, the factors of valuation of art and the IRS requirements for proper appraisal practice, including presentations to San Angelo Museum of Art, McNay Museum of Art, AIG Insurance, Bank of America Estate Administration, Tolleson Wealth Management, Rotary Club of Tulsa, Museum of Fine Arts – Houston, Texas Bankers Association, Texas Auctioneers Association, Gateway Financial, American Academy of Attorneys-CPAs, Dallas Bar Assoc, Estate Planning Councils throughout the country from Beverly Hills and Boston to Tucson and Chicago.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Appraisals, sales consulting, expert testimony, appraisal review and evaluation. divorce, estates, gift tax, charitable donations, equitable distribution, financial planning.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel, formal written reporting, appraisals. appraisals reviews.
Available Upon Request