Maribeth Danko provides expert witness and consulting services based on over 25 years experience in commercial and residential property insurance claims. Before founding the independent adjusting firm of SeaCliff Claims Group LLC in 2002, Maribeth Danko was a Property Claim Manager at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Prior to that, she spent 11 years in management at 21st Century Insurance.
A graduate of Loyola University Chicago, Maribeth is an active member of the Forensic Expert Witness Association and the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. She is a licensed private investigator (CA) and a licensed independent insurance adjuster.
-Insurance claims handling customs, practices, and standards
-First party insurance property claims; bad faith expert
-Qualified as an expert in state & federal courts
-Licensed Independent Insurance Adjuster (CA)
-Over 25 years experience in commercial & residential claims
-Contents inventory evaluation expert
-Executive General Adjuster
-Large Loss Adjuster
-Management experience in claim department best practices/procedures
Available for Plaintiff and Defense reviews
Areas of Expertise
- Bad Faith
- Fire Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Insurance Fraud
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science, Loyola University Chicago. Licensed Independent Insurance Adjuster (CA). Licensed Private Investigator (CA)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Forensic Expert Witness Association. Orange County Women Lawyer's Association (non-attorney membership). Orange County Bar Association (non-attorney membership). Claims & Litigation Management Alliance.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive history of teaching/training in the areas of property claims handling, complex coverage investigations, property claims investigations, estimate writing, standards and practices.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Claims Handling/Bad Faith. Contents Inventory Evaluation/Contents Valuation.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 20
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: February, 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Numerous State & Federal
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Several
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 9
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reviews, reports, site inspections, site photos, document review for insurance claims handling matters
Available Upon Request