I am an ABEM Board-certified Emergency Physician with over 15 years Emergency Department practice experience. Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Univ. of Florida trained; also prior military US Naval Flight Surgeon.
I provide Expert Witness services, including reports and testimony in Emergency Medicine cases, medical record review, medicolegal consultation, and medical literature search and analysis.
I maintain full-time active practice of Emergency Medicine, and have 7 years of experience with both Plaintiff and Defense expert work.
Note: My 'Areas of Expertise' as listed below pertain to the 'Emergency Medicine aspects' of these fields and specialties. Specifically, I am a specialist and expert in the Emergency Department presentation, evaluation, and treatment of diseases and pathologies across the litany of medical specialties. (The listed areas of expertise are not meant to imply expertise in outpatient 'clinic' management with respect to these specialties, nor intended to represent board-certification in any specialty other than Emergency Medicine)
Please listen to my Audiofile self-introduction at left under photo.
Fee Schedule gladly provided upon request.
CONTACT ME via either Email (firstname.lastname@example.org, link above) or Phone (# 904-662-6661); you are also welcome to 'connect' via my LinkedIn website account:
- Allergies & Immunology
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Critical Care Medicine
- Drug Abuse
- Emergency Medicine
- Environmental Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Toxicology
- Personal Injury
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: A.B. 1989 Dartmouth College
M.D. 1994 Georgetown University School of Medicine
Emergency Medicine Residency 2002 University of Florida
Emergency Medicine Board certification [ABEM] continuous 2003 - present
Active State Physician Licenses in Florida, Georgia, and Virginia
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American Academy Emergency Medicine [AAEM]
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: please see CV
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 55
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: sepsis, altered mental status / delirium, urethral catheterization (Foley) injury, EMTALA violation, failed endotracheal intubation, anoxic brain injury, cauda equina syndrome, epidural abscess, influenza complication(s), misdiagnosis/treatment open fracture, missed fracture, asthma, respiratory failure, misdiagnosis complicated UTI/renal abscess in pregnancy, fall, facial and head injury, trauma, wound management and complications, missed tendon injury, mesenteric ischemia, spleen rupture, missed intraabdominal solid organ injury, pulmonary embolism, stroke, TIA, carotid artery dissection, myocardial infarction, acute coronary syndrome
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 28
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Feb 20, 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 7
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Please see 'INTRODUCTION' on this site for my DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: FEE SCHEDULE available on request; $ 550 /hr (Initial Retainer described in Fee Schedule applies upon initiation of case); *No Charge for initial brief introductory Phonecon w/ Attorney*
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 550 /hr (and for ALL associated expert work/activities, except for those involving testimony, see separately below)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550/hr, with Minimum deposition billing = $ 2,475 (minimum 4-hour billing for deposition @ $550/hr, + typically 0.5 hr 'travel time' to/from venue)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 'FLAT FEE' DAILY (not hourly) $4500/day for trial-related travel away from home, exclusive of travel-related expenses
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel expenses; occasional express mail fees, and copy fees if extensive copying necessary; details in Retention Agreement
Atty. Christian White
Assistant Public Defender, 20th Judicial Circuit
3315 East Tamiami Trail, Suite 510
Naples, FL 34112
Atty. Michael Conroy
Hassett & George, P.C.
945 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury, CT. 06070
Atty. Paul Scott
Brown, Readdick, Bumgartner, Carter, Strickland & Watkins LLP
Post Office Box 220
5 Glynn Avenue
Brunswick, Georgia 31521-0220
Attorney Jonathan B. Minchin
GALLOWAY, JOHNSON, TOMPKINS, BURR & SMITH, A PLC
63 S. Royal Street, Suite 302,, Mobile, Alabama 36602