Dr. Mansour Sepehr is a registered professional engineer in state of California. Dr. Sepehr has over 20 years of experience in performing extensive work in soil and groundwater contamination projects and delineation of chemical plumes where multiple parties were involved in creating a complex chemical plumes in soil and groundwater. These studies have been performed for litigation support for estimation of time of release and cost allocation among different parties that have been identified as the responsible parties.
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental Engineering
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Hydrology & Groundwater
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S in soil science. Master in Irrigation engineering from Utah State in 1980 from University and Ph.D., in Civil and Environmental Engineering emphasis on groundwater and chemical transport modeling from Utah State University in 1984.
Professional Engineering License from State of California.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Giving many short courses in groundwater flow modeling and chemical transport modeling and hydrogeology in California for consultants and regulators.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Numerous times in California for chemical spills and defending innocent land owners and manufacturers.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: As a hydrogeologist and identification of chemical spills age and cost allocations between responsible parties.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50 percent.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about 50 percent.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Numerous cases involving soil and groundwater remediations.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: in late 2013.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: only one time. Most of the cases , the dispute has been resolved out of the court.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: two times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: over 20 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Engineering consulting and data review, chemical plume evaluation.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $180/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $250/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300/hr.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel at $150/hr. Data review at $170/hr.
Mr. Harvey Stein
4991 14th Street, Suit 210
Oakland, CA 94612
Mr. Albert Cohen
Loeb & Loeb
10100 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 2200
Los Angeles, CA 90067