Rowe Consulting Group, LLC offers plaintiffs, prosecutors' offices, police departments, and the general public, an added layer of trust by providing independent, unbiased services such as:
- Analyses of officer involved shootings and other uses of force. We will interview officers and witnesses, visit incident locations, review internal policies and legal standards for your jurisdiction, and provide a full written evaluation of whether the use of force was in/out of policy and was/was not justifiable under the law. This includes, of course, expert reports under Federal Rule 26.
- Review and analysis of departmental policies for compliance with best practices and ever-changing legal standards.
- Mediation of your civil rights/police misconduct cases, both before and during litigation. We do more than simply offer a report that merely "splits the difference." RCG thoroughly reviews the allegations, facts, available evidence, and legal standards in your jurisdiction to determine whether liability exists and to what extent.
RCG also offers law firm management consulting, mediation, continuing education services.
Areas of Expertise
- Criminal Law
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Religious Education, Rochester College (2001)
Juris Doctor, University of Toledo College of Law (2008)
1811 Criminal Investigator Training Program, United States Secret Service (2009)
Network Intrusion Investigations Certificate, United States Secret Service (2012)
Admitted to Practice Law in California (2014) and Ohio (2008), as well as Federal District Courts for the Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: California Bar Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Variety Magazine - quoted on Asset Forfeiture involving 1MDB Malaysian Fraud case
"Out Front with Erin Burnett," CNN, 2016 - Protection Operations for the 2016 Presidential Campaign
"Deadline Now," PBS, 2009 - Foreclosure Crisis in Ohio
"Foreclosure Townhall," WTOL-11, 2009 - Foreclosure Crisis in Ohio
I have also spoken to various law enforcement organizations on the investigation of asset forfeiture and money laundering cases, including the US Secret Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, and Huntington Beach Police Department.
I have also published articles in the Daily Journal (California's largest legal publication) in the areas of asset forfeiture and fraud investigations.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: One as of 2/26/2018/
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: White Collar Criminal Investigations
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 100
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: None to date.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Never
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Pending
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: None to date.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2017 was the first year entering this field as an expert.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting on police uses of force, civil rights cases, asset forfeiture, and white collar crimes. Provide continuing education courses on police use of force to attorneys, law enforcement, and experts. We also provide law firm management consulting, wherein we evaluate a firm's hiring, management, and retention, and make actionable recommendations to improve retention and profitability.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $125
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $125
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $175
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $175
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All cases require a $1,500 retainer, which will be applied against consulting/review/report generation/communication time. Travel expenses are not included in the retainer and will be billed independently.
Time for travel by automobile will be billed at $50/hr. Travel by plane will be covered at cost by the retaining party, plus $500 (regardless of the flight time). If the travel requires overnight lodging, retaining party will cover the cost of lodging at the State Department per diem lodging rate for the locale.
Up to 250 pages of copying/printing are covered as part of the initial retainer. Additional printing/copying will be billed at 0.10 cents per page.
Christen Sproule, AUSA