Over 50 years of experience in telecommunication and data networking. Bellcore Fellow, Chief Scientist of Bellcore.
Over 20 years of experience as an expert witness in a large variety of aspects including IPRs (both patent owner and petitioner), CBMs, trade secrets,patent litigation,patent reexamination, patent portfolio assessment, contract disputes and class action suits.
Areas of Expertise
- Call Centers
- Data Communications
- Emergency Communications & 911
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD in EECS, UC Berkeley
EE Degree, MIT
SM in EE MIT
BS in EE U. Notre Dame
Bellcore Fellow, Chief Scientist
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: IEEE life member
Communications Society of IEEE
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Taught U.C. Berkeley, Electrical Engineering networks, system theory
U. of Adelaide, mathematical models for engineering of telecommunications and data networks
Numerous talks at various international (and national) conferences.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 80+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Unified messaging, VoIP telephony, network management, telecommunications networks, voice mail systems, ARUs, IVRs, intelligent networks, telephone features, mobile network architectures, call centers, CTI, switching systems, network features, prepaid calling, data networks, computer networks, signaling networks, pbx, network routing, internet performance, ADSL, traffic performance, overload algorithms, congestion control, workforce management, visual voice mail, mobile network performance,SMS, optical network design and performance, ATM,WiMax,UMA, wifi networks, ADSI, institutional telecommunications.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 30%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 70%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 50.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March, 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: about 10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: about 6
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, testing, reports just about everything.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Only travel and living expenses.
Michael Specht, Sterne Kessler
Barry Breitschneider, Baker Hostetler
William Barrow, Mayer Brown
Daniel Reisner, Kaye Scholer
Saina Shamilov, Fenwick and West
Brett Schuman, Morgan Lewis