Laura Davies, MD is a Board Certified Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist, with over 15 years experience testifying in courtrooms, as well as experience as the Monitor and the Mental Health Expert for the US Department of Justice in juvenile detention cases. Dr. Davies has also served as the expert on multimillion dollar cases with private firms. She has most recently served the Department of State as a Regional Psychiatrist in Moscow and 14 posts in the former Soviet Union, treating diplomats, military attaches and their families. Dr. Davies advised Ambassadors on a regular basis, and addressed mental health emergencies in a high threat environment.
She continues to practice both inpatient and outpatient psychiatry. She can provide expert consultation and assessment for systems and individuals. Dr. Davies is licensed in California, Florida, and Hawaii.
Laura Davies, MD, graduated cum laude from Princeton University before attending the University of Southern California School of Medicine. She did her internship and residency at the University of California, San Francisco and was an Assistant Clinical Professor there for one year before beginning her private practice.
She is Board-Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and is also a Diplomate in the Subspecialty of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Dr. Davies has worked on forensic cases dealing with determining competency to draft a will, ability to give informed consent, immigration issues and others. She has also worked as an expert consultant for the United States Department of Justice. She is an expert reviewer for the Medical Board of California.
She is fluent in oral and written Spanish.
Her areas of expertise are with anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD, pregnancy and post-partum issues. She does adult, adolescent, and child psychotherapy and psychopharmacology, and couples and family psychotherapy.
Dr. Davies is available for media consultation and presentations, and has appeared on KTVU news, CBS-5 KPIX news, and Univision, as well as radio shows.
Areas of Expertise
- Correctional Healthcare
- Medical Malpractice
- Undue Influence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, with Subspecialty Certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Residency and Fellowship, UCSF
BA, Princeton University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member, AACAP
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive, please see cv
Featured speaker, Fore
Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California San Francisco, 2003-2004
Speaker, REACH program, addressing the utilization of antipsychotics in children, 2004
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: never
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 50
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Psychiatry, mental health, testamentary capacity, organizational issues
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 30%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 70%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >40
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: >10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: >10
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: >15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, expert medical examinations and reports, review of existing reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: half day minimum, $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: half day minimum, $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses. Travel time to be compensated at $200/hour.
Available Upon Request
Downey Brand LLP, Sacramento
Parmjeet Randhawa Botterill
Parmjeet K Randhawa Law, Inc.