The Neuropsychology Assessment Service, Inc. provides cost-effective IME's, Fitness for Duty, and Disability evaluations throughout Florida to diagnose, clarify, and confirm disability/impairment due to traumatic brain injury, cerebral vascular accident, dementia, and psychological disturbance. Services are provided by Dr. Kristjan Olafsson, Florida licensed psychologist/neuropsychologist, in Orlando, Gainesville, Tampa, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Vero Beach, Saint Augustine, Melbourne, Miami, Pensacola, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Plantation, and Naples.
Dr. Olafsson has been providing neuropsychological evaluations throughout Florida since 2002. He is certified by the Florida Department of Education to provide worker's compensation disability evaluations. He previously provided assessment and consultation services for the traumatic brain injury treatment team at Halifax Community Hospital. He currently provides clinical supervision services for the University of Central Florida Clinical Psychology program. Dr. Olafsson has been qualified as an expert neuropsychologist and has tesitified in civil and criminal proceedings throughout Florida.
- Brain Injury
- Child Psychology
- Fitness for Duty Evaluation
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
American Psychological Association Predoctoral Internship
Predoctoral Neuropsychology Training Program Certificate Crownsville State Hospital, MD
Certification Florida Department of Education Workers Compensation Evaluations
Florida Licensed Psychologist since 2002
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: University of Central Florida Clinical Psychology Internship Supervisor in Neuropsychology Assessment - Orlando Neuropsychology and Counseling Center, LLC
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 500+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Neuropsychology
Fitness for Duty
Independent Medical Examination
Personal Injury (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 100+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 30+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 30+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 12
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Assessment services, Testing, Comprehensive Reports, File Review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Please call our office and request a fee schedule.
Multiple references available upon request.