Kourtney Layton MRC, CRC, LVRC, ABVE/D, IPEC, CLCP, CVE, CIWCS-A
Highland, UT 84003
Kourtney Layton is a certified Life Care Planner (CLCP) and a certified vocational expert recognized by the U.S. Social Security Administration. She is also a licensed vocational rehabilitation counselor in the State of Utah, a Fellow with the American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE) and a Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE).
Ms. Layton's primary practice involves working with persons with disabilities to assist them in finding meaningful employment. She has been practicing as a vocational rehabilitation counselor since 2006. Since beginning her practice, she has expanded services to Utah, Idaho and Nevada. Our office also serves clients nationwide.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family Law
- Life Care Planning
- Vocational Evaluation & Rehabilitation
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ABVE
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Please review my CV. The information is too extensive to include here.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Never.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 300+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Life Care Planning
Costs of future medical care
Usual, Reasonable and Customary (UCR) fees
Loss of Earning Capacity
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 40+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Last week.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 20+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 20+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 16+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, defense and plaintiff reports and evaluations, trial and litigation support, vocational counseling, career planning
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: We recognize that every case requires a specific skill set and match between the facts of the case, the areas of expertise and the personalities of counsel and the expert. Therefore, we offer free consultations so we can explore together whether our firm is a good fit for your case.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $295.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel, hotel, administrative, staff, resources (if purchased for the specific case).
Available Upon Request