I am a Board Certified psychiatrist with additional qualifications (by examination) in Forensic Psychiatry. I have been in practice for over 35 years. Since 1989, I have been involved in Forensic Psychiatry, initially as a staff psychiatrist for the Forensic Clinical Services of the Cook County Circuit Court, and now in private practice. I have evaluated thousands of individuals in all aspects of civil and criminal litigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Fitness for Duty Evaluation
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Sanity/Trial Competency
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD degree from University of Navarre, Spain (1970. Board Certified in Psychiatry (1976) and Forensic Psychiatry (1996) by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. Licensed to practice Medicine & Surgery in Iowa, Illinos, Georgia and New Mexico. LLM from the University of Huddersfield, UK (2004)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Medical Association, American College of Forensic Psychiatry, Law Society of England & Wales
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Taught Psychiatry and trained students and residents through the University of Illinois, Chicago Medical School and Rush University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over a thousand if I include work done at the Circuit COurt of COok County as a staff psychiatrist.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Forensic Psychiatry> Primarily to evaluate criminal and civil competencies
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Most of the time I was appointed by the Court. I would say that in less than 10% of cases I was retained by the plaintiff.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: AS ABOVE, However, I have testified for the defendant in the majority of cases.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I do not keep records of depositions done. I would estimate over a dozen times
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Several hundreds of times including my stint at the Circuit Court of Cook COunty
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: As above.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 17
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, ealuations of clients, review of records, preparation of reports and testifying
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $ 250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 1250/half day
$ 2500/full day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel fees $250/hour
316 S. Peoria
Dixon IL 61021
420 W 2nd St.
Dixon IL 61021