Dr. Kirsten Turkington is a Certified Nurse Life Care Planner and dual board certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Family Nurse Practitioner and Advanced Forensic Nurse) with more than 20 years of active clinical experience. Dr. Turkington creates comprehensive life care plans for complex, catastrophic and disabling cases across the lifespan. Dr. Turkington focuses on major traumatic and disfiguring injuries, amputations, complex medical conditions and consults on clients with special needs such as IEPs, Section 504 plans, disability evaluations and Special Needs Trusts. Dr. Turkington offers expert testimony, medical case evaluations, case management and advocate services.
- Life Care Planning
- Plastic Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: DNP -- Northern Arizona University
MSN -- The University of Texas at Austin
BA & BSN -- Mount Saint Mary College
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Nurses Association
Arizona Nurses Association
Arizona Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
American Nurses Credentialing Center
American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctoral faculty member since 2009
Program planning and evaluation
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Estimate 75
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Life Care Planning, Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Forensic conditions
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: estimate 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Estimate 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Life care planning
Medical record review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free 15 consult. $350 per hour thereafter.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3500/day -- flat rate plus actual travel & accommodation costs.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel: actual cost, nonstop preferred.
Accommodations: actual cost, best available.
Available Upon Request