Kim H. Collins is a seasoned expert witness in claims handling/coverage cases involving multiple lines of insurance, including construction insurance, specialty insurance, errors and omission insurance, as well as home and auto. He has underwriting and claims handling experience as well as drafting policies. A founder and past Board of Director of Attorneys Insurance Mutual (AIM). He has testified as an expert in both state and federal court including a published opinion as an expert witness on the issue of the duty to defend under a CGL policy.
- Bad Faith
- Construction Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Insurance Excess & Surplus Lines
- Insurance Fraud
- Liability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: A.B. Degree, Phychology - Stanford University
Rockefeller Fellowship - Boston University
J.D. Degree, Hastings College of the Law
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Bar Association
California Bar Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Claims handling; Coverage analysis; CGL; Homeowners; Errors & Omissions; etal
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 17
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting and testifying
References upon request.