Kim H. Collins is an effective expert for bad faith and coverage cases. With over 40 years of litigation experience, he has headed up one of the largest bad faith departments in Southern California and co-founded and was on the Board of Directors of Attorneys Insurance Mutual (AIM), drafting the policy, handling claims and underwriting issues. An appellate court in Northern California affirmed in a published opinion a large punitive damage award based on his testimony. He has a depth of experience in all types of casualty policies, excess and reinsurance issues, drafting issues, and particularly effective in complex litigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Insurance
- Insurance Excess & Surplus Lines
- Insurance Fraud
- Liability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Risk Management
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: A.B. Degree, Phychology - Stanford University
Rockefeller Fellowship - Boston University
J.D. Degree, Hastings College of the Law
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Bar Association
California Bar Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Claims handling; Coverage analysis; CGL; Homeowners; Errors & Omissions; etal
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 17
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting and testifying
References upon request.