Provides credible, impartial assessments of economic loss for cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, wrongful termination and divorce, and of the terms and benefits in life and disability-income insurance policies and annuity contracts. Plaintiff or defense. Mr. Reopel also has court testifying experience.
With over 35 years of experience, Kevin Reopel has broad expertise both in the life insurance business and in assessing the economic value of future cash flows. Through Actuarial Litigation Consulting, this expertise is used to assess economic losses in tort cases for attorneys and to assess the terms and benefits of insurance and annuity contracts. An actuary providing expert testimony performs an important service to the attorneys, the litigants, the court, and the public by clearly explaining the complex technical issues that must be considered in the resolution of many disputes.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Reconstruction & Safety
- Actuary - Actuarial
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member of the National Association of Forensic Economics (NAFE)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Several
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Economic loss (personal injury, wrongful death, divorce)
Terms of life insurance policies (taxable income due to modified endowment contract)
Terms of disability-income policies (benefit amounts)
Economic loss (value of terminated disability-income policy)
Economic loss (due to denied disability-income claim)
References upon request.