I am an expert witness who specializes in Forensic Accounting, Business Valuation and Litigation Support. I am a CPA and have the following designations; ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation), CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics, MAFF (Master Analyst in Financial Forensics. I have been practicing for over 30 years. I have been qualified as an expert witness in both jury and bench trials in Orange County and Santa Clara County. You can expect unsurpassed attention to detail, communication at every step, impeccable ethics, the ability to meet every deadline and only the highest level of professional services when engaging our services.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Document Examination
- Eminent Domain
- Family Law
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Intangible Assets Appraisal
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation Finance
- Lost Profits
- Manufactured Homes
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personal Injury
- Restaurant Valuation
- Trade Secret
- Trusts & Estates
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: CPA - Certified Public Accountant
ABV- Accredited in Business Valuation
CFF - Certified in Financial Forensics
Forensics Accounting Certificate Program
MAFF - Master Analyst in Financial Forensics
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: CalCPA
NACVA -National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
FEWA - Forensic Expert Witness Association
CWLA - California Women'd Leadership Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Seminars pertaining to how to get the most out of your expert witness
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 150+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fraud, economic damage analysis, business valuation, asset tracing, trust and estate issues, lost profits analysis, lost income analysis, personal injury damages, analysis for rent control increase applications, rebuttal expert
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, valuations, site inspections, as requested
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses (other than local travel) billed at actual cost. Any outside expert services are billed at actual cost (ex. real estate appraiser).
James P. Mason
Law Offices of James Patrick Mason
101 Whitetail Drive
Rexford, Montana 59930
The Buncher Law Corporation
101 Pacifica, Suite 100
Irvine, California 92618