Dr. Scissors is a Board Certified Internist and experienced Emergency Physician with six years of serving as a medical expert for both plaintiff and defense attorneys in civil court, and twelve years in criminal court. He has extensive experience clinically in Hospitalist care, General Internal Medicine, Emergency Room. He is currently a practicing Hospitalist in Grand Junction, Co. He has practiced in an Academic setting, private practice, rural general practice, and the V.A. Dr. Scissors has never had any disciplinary actions against him and has never been sued. He has never failed to be qualified in court.
Dr. Scissors' areas of expertise include hospitalist medicine, internal medicine, and emergency medicine. He has been qualified in civil court eight times as a medical expert and given forty-one depositions.
Dr. Scissors is a member of the National Society of Hospital Medicine.
Areas of Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified Internal Medicine, 1987.
M.D. Washington University, 1979
B.A. Washington University, 1975
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Society of Hospital Medicine
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive teaching and speaking experience in broad range of Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine topics while employed as teaching faculty 1989-1998.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 220.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Hospitalist mediciine, general internal medicine, emergency medicine.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: forty one
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May, 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: eight
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: eight
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: sixteen
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consultation, record review, reports, affidavits, certificate of merit, depositions, court testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $2000 initial retainer; $400 per hour after initial review.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400 per hour, $2000 minimum.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $6500 for up to three days total time.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Standard travel and expense fees.
1751 North Park Ave
Maitland, Fl. 32751
407 644 5122
1795 East Skyline Dr. #155
Tuscon, Az. 85718
520 624 6446