Keith P. Rickabaugh is the Technical Director, Materials and Analytical Services at RJ Lee Group. His principal area of expertise is analytical method development and execution of the appropriate laboratory methodologies to address high-profile and sensitive issues. Mr. Rickabaugh has been involved in the planning, implementation and oversight of analytical and field sample protocols for large-scale environmental and materials assessment projects. He is experienced in working with federal, state, and local regulatory authorities on numerous compliance issues. He has developed comprehensive air monitoring plans and management strategies to assess emissions related to renovation and demolition of industrial and commercial building structures in urban environments. He is an instructor for professional development courses on sampling and analysis methods and has served on expert panels for nanotechnology health and safety. Mr. Rickabaugh has designed and conducted worker and consumer simulation tests for a wide range of products to determine potential levels of exposure for chemicals and particulate of concern. One of Mr. Rickabaugh’s key strengths is being able to simplify and communicate complex technical issues in a straightforward and easy to understand manner. He has given testimony in state courts and is the author or co-author of more than 16 published articles which include peer-reviewed journals.
• Project oversight and QA/data evaluation for large-scale environmental assessment projects.
• Designed overall monitoring programs in cooperation with U.S. EPA and N.Y. State regulators following the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers.
• Developed analytical procedures to characterize nanoparticles; developed health and safety guidelines for nanoparticles
• Conducted studies to assess migration and source apportionment of soot and particulate using environmental forensics approaches.
• Performed materials research, contamination identification and critical component testing for military applications.
• Technical lead manager for multiple consumer product investigations involving both domestic and imported products.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Environmental Health & Safety
• Industrial hygiene
• Project management
• Analytical method development
• Materials Characterization and Analysis
• Consumer Products
• Work practice simulation and chamber testing
- Analytical Testing Labs
- Consumer Products
- Environmental Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Hazardous Waste
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Laboratory Medicine
- Materials Engineering
- Products Liability
References upon request.