Dr. Oh is a bilingual and Korean-American clinical psychologist, legal nurse consultant & psychiatric nurse practitioner who has extensive experience with various psychological and forensic issues. She has worked in the forensic field for more than 17 years providing various forensic services for attorneys and serving as a medical expert for the court. She provides comprehensive and reliable forensic psychological, legal nurse consulting, and psychopharmacological services. Services include but are not limited to various forensic evaluations, medical malpractice, independent medical examiner, personal injury, risk management (safety/assault), medical record analysis, expert witness, medical and nursing standards, elder & dependent adult abuse, and various forms of psychotherapy. In addition, she provides psychopharmacological services for those patients who are in need of psychiatric medication.
Areas of Expertise
- Behavioral Science
- Brain Injury
- Child Custody
- Child Psychology
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Correctional Healthcare
- Forensic Psychology
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Jails & Prisons
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Malpractice
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Personal Injury
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Risk Management
- Sanity/Trial Competency
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Spousal Abuse
- Vocational Evaluation & Rehabilitation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Clinical Psychologist; Ph.D in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
Psychology License: PSY 15310
Health Service Provider in Psychology(National Register of Health Services Provider)
Diplomate American Board of Forensic Examiners
Fellow American College of Forensic Examiners
Diplomate American Board of Psychological Specialty: Child Psychology
MSN: California State University, Long Beach, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner License: NP18183
California Furnishing Number: NPF 18183
MPH: School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul Korea
BSN: College of Nursing, Seoul National University, Seoul Korea
RN License: 288613
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: APA
National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
American College of Forensic Examiners
Neuroscience Education Institute
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I taught adult nursing and public health nursing at the department of nursing at Chosun university in Korea. I taught psychiatric nursing at Seoul nursing college in Korea. I lectured on the parenting education & cross cultural issues at various schools and churches in LA.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 48 times for private cases. I have been serving as a medical expert (court appointed psychologist) for 14 years for San Bernardino County Superior Court of CA and 4 years for Los Angeles County Superior Court of CA.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Forensic Psychological Evaluation
Medical Record Analysis
Personal Injuries (work injuries, auto accidents)
Medical & Nursing Standards
Risk Management (Safety & Assault at hospital)
Elder & Dependent Abuse
Criminal & Civil Cases
Sexual Assault (Rape)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 35%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 65%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 37 cases.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Oct 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 42 times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 15 times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 17 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I provide consulting, psychodiagnostic evaluation, neuropsychological examination, psychiatric medication evaluation and medication monitoring, forensic evaluation(assessment of criminal responsibility, personality assessment, assessment of antisocial/psychopathic personality disorder, assessment of substance abuse, assessment of brain damage related to substance abuse & after injuries/ traumas), psychological reports, & expert witness.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450, Half day minimum (<4 hours) $2500
Whole day (>6 hours) $5000
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500/hour with a minimum 4 hours portal to portal
$ 2500 half day(<4 hours),
$ 5000 whole day (>6 hours)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel: $450 per hour
Available upon request