Julia aka Judy Johnson is a Licensed Educational Psychologist/Diplomate in School Neuropsychology with over 30 years of experience in private practice as well as in the educational arena with all populations, birth to adult. Judy continues to work in K-12 settings as a School Psychologist, teaches at the University level, and has served as an expert witness in numerous cases involving head trauma, birth injury, medical malpractice, psychological or emotional trauma, and the causal relationship to learning disabilities, educational placement & access to school services, and quality of life outcomes.
If your child custody case is being litigated you need Dr. Julia “Judy” Johnson as your expert witness! Dr. Johnson truly delivered on all fronts. In 2013 I hired her as an expert witness to compare the educational options for my children in the state in which their father resides as well as the state that I reside. This information was crucial for our custody case as I was seeking to move our children out of the state in which they had always lived.
Dr. Johnson prepared all of the data and provided a report that was based on facts and real statistics as opposed to opinions. She was extremely professional and truly gave the court room a real sense that she was impartial. This was critical to our case. The data that she gathered and the manner in which she presented it was irrefutable even up against the toughest opposing attorney.
Dr. Johnson was true to her word and charged exactly what was agreed. There were no hidden costs which is not what I found with my other witnesses. During our hearing my attorney leaned over and said “she is a great witness!” He also took her card for future cases.
Thanks to Dr. Johnson and her work I was given custody of my children and permission to move them out of state. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Johnson and couldn’t have done it without her.
Areas of Expertise
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Brain Injury
- Child Psychology
- Drug Abuse
- Education & Schools
- Forensic Psychology
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- School Safety
- Sexual Abuse
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: LEP # 2268 (Licensed Educational Psychologist)
ABSNP Diplomate (American Board of School Neuropsychology)
PPS Credentials in Counseling and School Psychology
BICM (Behavior Intervention Case Manager)
Doctorate in Leadership for Educational Justice, University of Redlands
Facilitator, Active Parenting Programs
Facilitator, Developing Capable People
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: LEP Member on Board of Behavioral Sciences, State of California, appointed by Governor (serving 2nd term)
CASP (California Assn of School Psychologists)
NASP (National Assn of School Psychologists)
ODK (Omnicron Delta Kappa Leadership Society)
NEA (National Education Assn)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Leadership Development Retreats for Organizations
Presentations on Executive Functioning and School Neuropsychology
Presentations on Autism and Sex
Professor of Counselor Education, University of Redlands - Human Development, Assessment, Learning Theories, Educational Justice Theories, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Neurological Disorders
Professor of Teacher Education, California State University, San Luis Obispo (Calpoly SLO) - General Education/Special Education Teacher assessment, evaluation, curriculum, collaboration, inclusion, learning strategies, accommodations, Gifted Education
Training Seminars for Special Education & General Education Teachers, Administrators, Support Staff in students with disabilities/educational needs, IEP's, 504 Plans, Child Abuse Reporting/Interventions
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 75
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: All of those listed previously
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 60
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November, 2011
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 35
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 30
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, evaluations, reports
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 225.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 225.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 350.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 500.00
Carpenter, Zuckerman, & Rowley LLP
9200 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 1207
Los Angeles, California 90069
Horton, Barbaro, & Reilly, LLP
200 N Main St Ste 2
Santa Ana, CA 92701-4800
Rinos & Martin, LLP
17822 17th St # 401
Tustin, CA 92780-2181
Mardirossian & Associates, LLP
6311 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048-5001
Anfuso Vocational Services
21700 East Copley Dr., Suite 268
Diamond Bar, CA