Expert witness/consultant of standards of care, group homes/residential treatment & care, foster family agencies, wide range of States' regulations & laws, mental health, social services, developmental disabilities, psychiatric institutions, clinical services, for all ages, ranging from early childhood, youth, families, young adults, adults, & seniors. My 40 years of experience includes clinical social work, supervision, program development and management, and as CEO for 20 years of a $30 million mental health, child welfare, social services agency. Licensed clinical social worker (CA).
Recent trial results have been favorable for clients.
I work collaboratively and easily with attorneys. A clear, crisp writer and comfortable in depositions, I enjoy digging in to all aspects of a case to help attorneys and their clients.
- Behavioral Science
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Child Psychiatry
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Community Mental Health
- Drug Abuse
- Emotional Trauma
- Social Work/Social Services
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Duke University; BA
New York University: Masters of Social Work
Columbia School of Business: Certificate for successful completion of Non-profit executive training
License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of California
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Association of Social Workers
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Why Children Kill: paper and speeches
Project Destiny: The Sixth Year: Derivations and Implications for Residential Treatment and Traditional Agencies, presented at American Association of Children Residential Centers
How to Achieve Successful Outcomes While Implementing a Managed Care Project, presented at the American Association of Children's Residential Centers
Therapeutic Content and Process in a Community Based used Halfway House for Emotionally Disturbed Older Adolescents, presented at the American Association of Psychiatric Services to Children
The Continuing Evolution of an Outreach Adolescent Program presented at the American Association of Psychiatric Services to Children
The Psychiatric Russian Jewish Immigrant: Acculturation, Sociological and Mental Health Issues presented at the American Association of Psychiatric\Services to Children
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 27 plus
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Standards of Care, laws, regulations for mental health, child welfare/social services, developmental disabilities in residential care facilities, group homes, day treatment and vocational services, community-based programs, psychiatric hospitals and institutions, custody cases for children, youth, young adults, adults and seniors,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Abolut 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 17 plus
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 15-17
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, depositions, research, opining, site inspection,
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350
(Engagement template will be emailed to you with specifics.)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500 with 2 hour minimum
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500 with 2 hour minimum
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time, portal to portal, last $200 per hour, plus mileage at $0.56 per mile.
Time spent waiting for delayed deposition and/or trial will be reimbursed at $2800 per day.
Expenses, travel (airline tickets, lodging, meals, parking, etc will be reimbursed at actual costs.
Wilmer Harris, Schonbrun Seplow Harris & Hoffman, LLP, 715 Fremont Avenue, Suite A, S. Pasadena CA 91030
(626) 441 4129
Michael Progar, Dohery & Progar, LLC, 250 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1800, Milwaukee WI 53202-4232