John Manning has provided expert witness, litigation support, consulting and project management services on numerous multi-million-dollar projects in the United States and Internationally. He leads KMI International’s Dispute Resolution & Support Services Team to assist Attorneys, Owners, Designers, and Contractors on a variety of dispute issues. Under John’s leadership, KMI provides the detailed analysis and support to resolve complex issues in a comprehensive, timely and quality manner. John’s leadership of the Dispute Resolution team ensures support is provided through all phases of the dispute resolution process by providing clear-cut, supported and objective opinions. A detailed approach to analyzing the root cause of a problem and presentations of cost and schedule issues, that demonstrate opinions based on industry standards is a cornerstone of John’s focus and success in dispute resolution.
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Damages
- Construction Insurance
- Construction Site
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Structural Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: EDUCATION
University of Florida
Master of Science in Engineering
Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Certified Construction Manager
Certified General Contractor – Florida
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
American Bar Association ( ABA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: TEACHING EXPERIENCE - CMAA
Course Instructor 2008 – 2018
Course Name: “Professional Construction Management Course”
a. Professional Practice
b. Program Management
c. Project Management
d. Contract Administration
e. Time Management
f. Building Information Modeling (BIM)
g. Quality Management
i. Cost Management & Value Engineering
j. Safety & Risk Management
Presentation – “It’s All in a Name: PM, CM – What Do You Do?”
2021 ABA Forum on Construction Law Conference – Co-Presenter
Presentation – “Lessons Learned from Managing Millions of Dollars of Private Construction Projects”
2019 CMAA National Conference – Co-Presenter
Presentation – “Contractor Default and Bond Claims – Helping the Owner Survive”
2018 CMAA Symposium - Panelist
Presentation – “Going Mobile – Improved Construction Reporting and Documentation Processes”
2017 CMAA Capital Symposium - Panelist
Presentation – “You have been Subpoenaed to Testify Now What?”
2017 CMAA Florida Chapter presentation - Panelist
Presentation – “The Professional CM and Safety”
2016 CMAA National Convention -Panelist
Presentation – “How to Triage a Troubled Project”
2016 CMAA National Convention – Panelist
Presentation – “Lessons Learned in Turning Around Troubled Projects”
2016 CMAA Capital Symposium Panelist
Presentation – “Are your Risk Management Practices Sufficient for the Life of The Project”
2014 CMAA National Convention - Panelist
Presentation - “Construction Litigation – ARE YOU Prepared??”
2013 CMAA National Convention – Moderator
Presentation – “Construction Management: Proactive Leadership”
2012 CMAA National Convention – Co- Presenter
Presentation – “The Construction Manager as a Facilitator in Dispute Resolution”
2011 CMAA National Convention – Co-Presenter
Presentation – “Managing the LEED Process as a Construction Manager”
2010 CMAA National Convention - Co-Presenter
Presentation – “Going Green to Get the Gold – without Legal Downsides”
2009 CMAA National Convention - Co-Presenter
Presentation – “Building an “A” Team”
2008 Commercial Construction Show – Co-Presenter
Presentation – “Escalation of Construction Costs”
2007 Commercial Construction Show – Panelist
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 18
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Standard of Care for Project and Construction Managers
Delay and Damages
Troubled Project Turnaround
Independent Assessment of Project Status
Assessment of Premium Costs associated with E&O Claims
Assessment of Design Claims for additional Design Services
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 8
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May, 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Opinion and Testimony
Troubled Project Turnaround
Project Controls (Estimating)
Property Condition Assessments
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $330.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Range depending on support team that assists the Expert. Range is from $100.00 - $330.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $330.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $330.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: COMPENSATION
Fees will be invoiced on an hourly basis for services performed by KMI based on the fee schedule below, unless mutually agreed otherwise in writing by the Parties. Expenses will be invoiced at actual cost without mark-up. John R. Manning or David McCulla with KMI shall be the testifying experts.
Travel and miscellaneous expenses, including copies, postage, long distance calls, etc. are charged at actual cost without markup. Mileage will be charged at standard IRS rates if Consultant drives his/her own vehicle.
Travel will be performed by the most economical means compatible with the Firm’s time constraints. This includes flying using only tourist, coach and/or economy class seating.
Hourly charges shall not be billed/paid for travel time unless, and only to the extent that, during such travel Consultant is actively engaged in substantive work task(s) for which it was retained. Under any circumstances, Consultant’s billable travel work time shall not exceed four (4) hours for any single instance of travel, place of departure to destination, and in no event (i.e., delayed/cancelled flight, layover, otherwise) shall the Consultant bill in excess of four (4) hours from departure to destination.
111 N. Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Frank Hild and Greg Martin
Frank Hild: firstname.lastname@example.org and Greg Martin: email@example.com
Martin Hild, P.A.
555 Winderley Place, Suite 415
Maitland, FL 32751