Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting and Damages Expert Witness, Arbitrator and Advisor.
John Levitske provides business valuation, forensic accounting, purchase price analysis and dispute resolution services in complex commercial situations. He testifies as an independent expert witness in disputes, both domestic litigation and international arbitration, regarding issues of valuation, finance, damages or accounting. He also acts as a neutral expert determiner or neutral arbitrator, and advises clients in mediations and negotiations. He is frequently consulted regarding business disputes, shareholder disputes and M&A transaction disputes.
He has over 30 years of experience, with nearly 25 years of Big Four public accounting and international consulting firm experience. His expert work includes jury and bench trials, mediations and arbitrations (e.g., LCAI, ICC, SCC, AAA, JAMS, FINRA and ad hoc).
John is a Senior Managing Director in Ankura's Commercial Disputes practice, based in Chicago. He is the founder of Ankura's Business Valuation Dispute Analysis service line and a member of Ankura's Purchase Price Disputes service line. He attained advanced academic degrees in both business administration and law, plus several professional certifications in business valuation, finance and forensic accounting (CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, ASA, CFA, CFLC, CIRA, MBA, JD), and holds Series 63 securities and 79 investment banking licenses.
He is co-author of the “Managing Post-Merger & Acquisition Purchase Price Disputes” chapter in the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Alternative Dispute Resolution Handbook for Business Lawyers and the “Internal Corporate Investigations” chapter in the ABA’s Guide for In-House Counsel. In addition, he is national chair of the Dispute Resolution Committee of the Business Law Section of the ABA, a founding member of the Corporate Divorce & Complex Ownership Disputes Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, and a past national president of the Forensic Expert Witness Association. He was selected to “Who’s Who Legal: Consulting Experts 2019” and “Who’s Who Legal: International Arbitration Commercial Experts 2011.”
Examples of John’s recent professional experience include:
* Evaluation of whether or not an appraisal report meets the requirements of a new intended use for retrospective quantification of damages regarding a transaction as of a prior date
* Retrospective appraisal of the fair market value, on an enterprise-level basis, of a national outpatient healthcare centers company, at the time of its recapitalization.
* Forensic financial, GAAP accounting, and business valuation analyses regarding assertions by a landlord government agency pertaining to a divestiture transaction by an oil products subsidiary of a public company.
* Neutral-party appointed business appraiser regarding the equity interests in two closely-held, E-liquid vapor for E-cigarettes companies.
* Expert regarding post-closing accounting purchase price adjustment accounting calculations in the cross-border acquisition of a foreign oil exploration company.
* Valuation expert related to the forensic accounting investigation of private equity portfolio management of a foreign dairy food products company.
* Appraised the reorganization fair market value of the enterprise of a distressed public oil and gas company planning to exit bankruptcy as a private company.
Contact: 312.252.9533; John.Levitske@Ankura.com
Areas of Expertise
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Lost Profits
- Trade Secrets
- White Collar Crime
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
References upon request.