Mr. Kelly is a Forensic Engineering Investigator with over 50 years of hands on experience with Diesel, Gasoline, Gas Turbine and Alternatively fueled engines and ancillary equipment. Mr. Kelly has expertise with marine, power generation, cogeneration and automotive/heavy duty truck applications.
Mr. Kelly is also the CEO & President of Kerberos Solutions, LLC, providing forensic engineering and due-diligence investigation for a variety of clients
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Analytical Testing Labs
- Automobile Dealerships
- Automotive Engineering
- Bus & Truck Safety/Accident
- Combustion Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Failure Analysis
- Forensic Engineering
- Gas Turbine Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Intellectual Property
- Machinery & Equipment Appraisal
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Private Investigators
- Products Liability
- Trade Secrets
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Numerious US Navy qualifications, including Engineering Officer of the Watch on gas turbine,diesel and steam powered ships and vessels
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Forensic Expert Witness Association, San Diego Chapter (www.forensic.org)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: US Navy 3 year instructor - Diesel Engines
US Navy 3 year Fleet Trng. Group - Main prop. diesel & gas turbine
US Navy 3years OINC Gas Turbine/Diesel MTT
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Marine Engines
Heavy Duty Trucks
Heavy Duty Equipment
Cogeneration Engines & Equipment
Automotive (gasoline) Engine Cooling (patent infringement)
Investigation of gasoline and diesel fuel saving devices
Alternative Fueled Engines
Dual Fuel Engines
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: about 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20+ years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Kerbero Solutions with its associates offers all aspects of an engineering investigation,including, but not limited to - site inspection, consulting, testing. What ever it takes to determine the failure mode and the root cause of the failure.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: no charge for intial contact
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 200.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 300.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 350.00 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $75.00 per hour for travel and actual expenses for food,lodging & transportation
Admin fees are based talent required and agreed to with the client
References are available upon request