Licensed mechanical engineer with 40 years experience in the design and manufacturing of appliances and thermal equipment of all types. Commercial foodservice equipment used in fast-food and other restaurants is a particular specialty. Also accomplished in the design of HVAC equipment and water heaters with particular expertise in combustion science as applied to this equipment. Experienced expert witness in patent infringement and personal injury cases.
Areas of Expertise
- Combustion Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering
- Products Liability
- Professional Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BSME, MSME, Six Sigma Black Belt, Licensed PE in Massachusetts
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: member of ASHRAE and American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Numerous technical papers presented at various conferences and meetings. Subject matter was generally in the areas of combustion and energy.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Engaged as an expert on 10 occasions.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Expertise in foodservice equipment and personal care products. Engaged in patent infringement and personal injury.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Retained by plaintiff 12% of the time(patent infringement)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Engaged by defense 88% of the time (patent infringement and personal injury)
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Deposition taken approximately 10 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Last deposition was in early 2013
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have been qualified by the court in all cases
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: One case went to trial. All other cases settled.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 14 years experience
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: My services include consulting, analysis, root cause, failure mode, site inspection, preparing reports, testing (at 3rd party laboratories)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $250
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel and out of pocket expensess for depositions, meetings and the like, general office expenses as needed, and any 3rd party laboratory expenses.
Shipley, Snell and Montgomery
713 652 3045
2001 Ross Ave
Dallas, TX 75201
DLA Piper LLP
200 South Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 2500
Miami, FL 33131-5341