Dr. Bederka served as Section Head of Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring for the Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine at the University of Illinois Medical Center. He testifies on Toxicology, Pharmacology, Forensic Pathology/Toxicology and Clinical Pathology. The specific topics detail Alcohol, Drugs-of-Abuse, Therapeutic Drugs as-well-as Solvents, Inert Gases, Carbon Monoxide, and, Pesticides, u.a. He is frequently called upon to provide Expert Testimony in Forensic Pathology and Toxicology in Traffic Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Worker's Comp. and other diverse matters. Recent work is on the chemicals in Hydrofracking Fluids in Shale Gas extraction.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Toxicology
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Several hundred over 30 years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Alcohol, Drugs, and, other Environmental Chemicals too numerous to list hereon.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I have no such listing.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I usually state "about a hundred".
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Nov. 03, 2011(this update is 11/10/11)
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Hundreds, during about 30 years.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Hundred is about as good an estimate since I retain no such records.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: About 30.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Yes, if apprpriate.
References upon request.