I am a Board Certified OBGYN since 2014, and have been in practice since 2012. In the first six years of my career I worked in a small group serving a rural, underserved population in Virginia. This practice was remote from any tertiary care hospital, and I gained experience early in my career in managing high risk situations when patients presented unstable for transfer.
Since then, I have been employed as an OB Hospitalist, and have worked in leadership roles in larger hospitals that average about 2000 or more deliveries per year. I also work in my former residency program as an academic OB hospitalist, with an even higher volume and acuity of patients.
Since becoming an OB hospitalist, I have developed an interest in quality and safety improvement. I have led and participated in several initiatives in this area. I have experience in leading peer review meetings at the department and medical staff level to discuss opportunities for improvement in patient care.
I also have extensive teaching experience. In addition to my work with medical students and residents, I was a middle school teacher in Canada for six years prior to going to medical school. I have a strong ability to explain technical and sometimes complicated concepts in straightforward, understandable terms.
My other strengths include strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think creatively to solve problems and a strong work ethic. I enjoy tackling new challenges, and I love to work in high stakes situations.
As an OB Hospitalist, I have experience in managing high risk obstetrical situations, including hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, gestational diabetes, multiple gestation, cesarean section, VBAC, malpresentation and abnormal labor. I have managed busy labor and delivery units, and have understanding of and experience in leading and managing team dynamics during obstetrical emergencies.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University
Board Certified OBGYN
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Membership in American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Society of OBGYN Hospitalists
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Experience in teaching medical students, OBGYN residents, midwife mentorship
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: cord prolapse
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: n/a
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 0.5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, medical record review, medical expert witness
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 500$
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 500$
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 500$
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: daily 7500$
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 2000$ retainer
Available Upon Request