►Vocational Expert in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
►Dr. Joy provides vocational expert & earning capacity assessments on disability and employment related matters.
►Testified as a Vocational Expert more than 20 times in State Superior and Federal District settings
►Doctorate of Philosophy, Board Certified Vocational Expert, Certified Earnings Analyst and Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
►Employability and Earning Capacity reports in Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Family Law,
ERISA and Employment Discrimination matters.
►Services include vocational testing, evaluation, labor market analysis, and earning capacity
Joy, J. (2017) The reliability and validity of the six-question disability measure in the Current Population Survey: What the data can and
cannot tell us about disability and labor force participation. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Hankins, A., Joy, J. (2015, July 1) Reforming SSDI for the 21st century, Regulation, 32-39.
►Dr. Joy has testified as an Vocational & Economic Expert in employment and earning capacity in the
Connecticut State Superior Court, New Jersey Superior Court, Federal District Court as well as the Connecticut Workers Compensation
Commission. Additionally, he has testified as a Vocational Expert in more than 2,000 Social Security Disability Hearings. Dr. Joy
provides services on behalf of both plaintiff and defendants.
www.vocationaldynamics.com Vocational Expert in the Hartford Connecticut Area.
Specialties: Board Certified Vocational Expert, Certified Earnings Analyst, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC). Vocational Expert, Earning Capacity Evaluation, Vocational Testing, Rehabilitation Counseling, Career Counseling
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family Law
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Human Resources
- Labor Economics
- Labor Law
- Personal Injury
- Vocational Evaluation & Rehabilitation
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Termination
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Philosophy, Health Related Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2017
Masters of Business Administration, Cleveland State University, 2003
Masters of Education in Rehabilitation Counseling, 1999
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor 1999 - Present
Board Certified Vocational Expert, 2017 - Present
Certified Earnings Analyst, 2016 - Present
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Internal Vice President for the American Rehabilitation Economics Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Instructor, Department of Counseling & Family Therapy, Central Connecticut State University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 2,000+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Vocational Expert and Earnings Analyist
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 20+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Vocational testing, evaluation, earning capacity assessment, employability evaluation, lost earnings and present value calculations
References upon request.