Jeff Neumeister is a well-educated and experienced forensic expert and consultant in accounting and financial advisory services. Small organizations, startups, holding entities, high-net-worth individuals, and middle market companies, directly and through their retained counsel, have relied upon Jeff to identify problems, uncover frauds, improve efficiencies and to initiate and defend against litigation. Over his 17 years of professional experience, he has worked in firms ranging in size from large international entities to smaller regional practices.
Jeff has been designated as an expert in multiple cases and has provided valuable deposition testimony for his clients. He has provided litigation advisory services to clients spanning a breadth of industries including construction, entertainment, health care, investments, information technology, professional services, retail, oil and gas, real estate, education, food and beverage, transportation, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Construction Damages
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Lost Profits
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- White Collar Crime
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Master of Business Administration in Management, Woodbury University
Master of Science in Accounting, Kaplan University
Master of Arts in Criminal Justice, Arizona State University
Undergraduate Degrees in Business, Economics, Information Technology, Psychology, Accounting, Emergency Management, and Sociology
Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Certified by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified by Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Certified by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), Certified by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified by Institute of Management Accountants
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified by CA Board of Accountancy (License #110366)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), Certified by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Commissioned Notary Public of California, Certified by CA Secretary of State
Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), Certified by ASIS International
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
ASIS International (ASIS)
California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Accounting Ethics and Responsibilities, Graduate Course, Woodbury University, 2017 – Present
Personal CFO Accounting, Graduate Course, Woodbury University, 2017 – Present
Forensic Accounting, Graduate Course, Woodbury University, 2017 – Present
Financial Accounting, Graduate Course, Woodbury University, 2017 – Present
Managerial Accounting, Graduate Course, Woodbury University, 2013 – Present
Accounting Ethics, Undergraduate Course, Woodbury University, 2017 – Present
Intermediate Accounting I, Undergraduate Course, Westwood College, 2012
Auditing, Undergraduate Course, Westwood College, 2012
Session Presenter for National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, Identification of Overbilling in Professional Service Firms, 2018
Session Presenter for American Society of Industrial Security and ISC2, Performing a Financial Forensic Investigation, 2013
Session Presenter for Business Management Institute of WACUBO, 2012
Keynote Speaker for Annual MBA Gala at Woodbury University, 2011
Professional Guest Speaker for Graduate Forensic Accounting course at Woodbury University, 2011
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Compensatory damages, income available for support, lost profits, business valuation, internal controls
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: ~50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: ~50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: ~5
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Early 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2+
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2+
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 7+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Commercial damage computations, fraud investigations, family law accounting matters, corporate & partnership disputes, business interruption calculations, malpractice and billing issues, personal injury and wrongful death, intellectual property accounting, fidelity bond claims, lost profit calculations, business valuations, litigation support, merger and acquisition consulting, due diligence, CFO services, tax planning, tax preparation and compliance, tax audit representation, agreed upon procedure projects, budgeting and forecasting services, financial statement preparation, bookkeeping, accounting training and education, and notarial services.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $360 (but initial consultations are free)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $360
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $360
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $360
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time is billed at 50% rate (i.e. $180). There is a surcharge of 2.5% of the hourly billings for each bill are included to cover domestic and international telephone calls, FAX charges, postage, FedEx, messengers, UPS and photocopying done in-house.
Available Upon Request