Mr. Jeff Nelken, B.S., M.A., is a Food Safety Expert Witness who provides COVID-19 reopening support services and specializes in: food allergy complaints, food borne illness, beverage and food burns, kitchen accidents, standards of the industry, disability, casino food safety, health department inspection reviews, COVID mitigation, protocol reviews, safety committee support, safe food handling reviews, incident investigation, safety committee support, casino - food safety consultant, national registry for food safety professionals - instructor, beverage and food burns - FOH, chemical cleaning accidents, sanitation and sanitizing, COVID protocols review, health department compliance, food handling protocols, coast to coast with George Noory - food safety guest/consultant, insurance guest speaker & trainer, and even death because of negligence or other issues related to food safety.
Mr. Nelken's Food Safety and Accident cases have included:
- Standards of Care
- Foreign Objects
- Foodborne Illness
- Equipment related issues
- Salmonella/Reiter's Disease
- Kitchen Accidents
- Ecoli 0157
- Guillain Bare Syndrome
- Slips and Trips
- Food Allergies
- Kitchen Training
- Policy and Procedures issues
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Pest related issues
- Intentional Contamination
Mr. Nelken is a food safety guru with more than 30 years of diverse health care, restaurant and hospitality training experience. He reviews vulnerability surveys, crisis plans and food security programs for those seeking to enhance there operations proficiency.
He has a rare combination of authentic “hands on” experience, enthusiasm, and a favorite of investigative reporters. Nelken has worked with CBS, NBC, Inside Edition, Dateline MSNBC and CNN as an expert on food safety stories.
His expertise is frequently relied upon by news media, restaurants, supermarkets, manufacturers, law firms seeking an Expert Witness or guidance on food safety issues
Request a one hour initial consultation for Gratis ( free ) by calling 818-703-7147
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Burn Injury
- Hotel & Hospitality
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Premises Liability
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. in Food Science and Management - Pratt Institute
M.A. in Institutional Food Management Systems
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: FSAC
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: UCLA Extension - Food Safety Management
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 65 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Food Safety
Slip and Falls
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: None
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Eight years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Review of documents
Epidemiologist on consult to help attorney's evaluate their cases
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 350.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 350.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 350.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 350.00 per hour.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses are paid by the retaining attorney
- 9/15/06 CNN Spinach Epidemic - Interview with Paula Zahn
- Why Bad Things Happen to Good Kitchens
- Due Diligence – Allergies: Even when busy, ALWAYS accommodate food allergy customers
- Due Diligence – Norovirus: Don’t Play Russian Roulette with Your Customer’s Health
- Due Diligence – Safety First: Beware what dangers lurk behind your kitchen door
- Make Safety First
- Food Safety Is Numero Uno At Titos Tacos
Gomez Trial Attorney