• Board certified emergency medicine physician that has treated over 15,000 patients
• Associate Medical Director, Research Director, Assistant Professor
• Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, TEAMHealth, Tampa General Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center)
• Licensed in Florida and Maine
• EMTALA and Peer review for QIOs
• Teaching experience at national conferences (eye emergencies), as well as regional and state conferences
• Attended USF, University of Michigan, USF College of Medicine and USF Emergency Medicine Residency at Tampa General Hospital
"I just wanted to thank you for your all your work on this case. I was able to settle it for nuisance value. I know that your input on this case allowed me to refuse to budge on the City’s offer and the Plaintiff’s demands for settlement dropped. Thanks again, and I look forward to continuing to work with you." ~ Toyin K. Aina-Hargrett, Esq., Assistant City Attorney at City of Tampa, Office of the City Attorney.
Areas of Expertise
- Critical Care Medicine
- Hematology (Blood)
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Sports Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: ABEM Board Certified Emergency Medicine, Associate Medical Director of Level 1 Trauma Center Adult ED with over 90,000 patient visits a year, Research Director, Principal Investigator, Clinical Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Industry Faculty, Moderator and Peer-to-Peer Education, Emergency Medicine Residency Training/University of South Florida College of Medicine; MD from University of South Florida College of Medicine, Master's Degree in Anthropology, University of Michigan, and BA with honors from University of South Florida
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member, American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP); Member, Florida College of Emergency Physicians (FCEP); Faculty, American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple didactic lectures each year at ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Program; Organizes and develops research and evidence based medicine curriculum; moderator/faculty for pharmaceutical speaker training; EM advisory board member for major pharmaceutical company, Board Review Faculty for FCEP Written Board Review Course, National Eye Emergency Skills workshop faculty at the ACEP Scientific Assembly three times
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Anticoagulation, Hip Fracture, Wound Management, Penetrating Trauma (Gun Shot Wound) Blunt Trauma (Motor Vehicle Crash), Venous Thromboembolism, Musculoskeletal Injuries/Fractures, Workman's Comp/Disability Determination
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 30
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 3
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 2012
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: expert witness services, litigation consultation, peer review, compliance review, reports, independent exams and testing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: *Retainer at initiation of service agreement (3 hours at $400/hour)
*All travel fees and expenses paid by retaining counsel
My services agreement with fee schedule is available at http://emcotexperts.com
References upon request.