Board certified physician (MD) in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatry) and subspecialty board certified in Brain Injury Medicine with expertise across the spectrum of acquired brain injury and neurological injury (Spinal Cord Injury (SCI), etc). Expertise in the impact of disability related to brain injury, including cognitive deficits and mood/ behavior disorders on overall function and ability to work. Completed residency at the University of Washington and previously practiced at the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center (Level 1 Trauma, Certified Stroke Center). Currently in clinical practice at an academic medical center and a non-profit hospital. Numerous publications and presentations. Brain Injury Medicine includes Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), stroke, surgical complications, anoxic brain injury (ABI), and others.
- Brain Injury
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: ABPMR Board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and subspecialty board certified in Brain Injury Medicine
Post-graduate research training
Licensed in Colorado and Washington State
MD, University of Chicago; BS Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP)
American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R)
Colorado Medical Society
Boulder County Medical Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple teaching and mentoring responsibilities in the areas of brain injury medicine, general PM&R, and research specific topics in medical technology and brain-computer interface. Presented at national conferences on topics in brain injury medicine and brain-computer interface.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 14
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Acquired brain injury including stroke, traumatic brain injury, iatrogenic brain injury, mass casualty incidents, and general issues causing disability in adults.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 14
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4/2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 6
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, file review, independent medical examinations (IME), reports, educational trial exhibits
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: No charge for initial discussions. $500 for meetings, etc.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $700
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $700
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses. Daily rate of $5000 for travel reasonably requiring overnight stays.
Available Upon Request