Mr. James A Seale
Arlington, VA 22203
Mr. James Seale built a highly successful investment banking firm with a combination of hard work and knowing how to win. He has more than 25 years of experience in investment banking and expert witness testimony involving: mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory, strategy consulting, and valuation. He specializes in situations requiring innovative structures for companies around the world. Mr. Seale’s corporate clients include some of the largest companies in the world including GE, Honeywell, Lockheed, Shell, and United Technologies. Having worked on a variety of expert cases with many law firms, he offers a unique advantage as a dually certified Attorney and CPA.
Areas of Expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Acquisitions, Divestitures, Mergers, Joint ventures, Strategic alliances, Partnerships, Privatizations, Complex carve-outs, Spin-offs, Intellectual property M&A, Distressed M&A, M&A strategy/planning, Deal structuring, Bid process, Financial due diligence, Special committee assignments, Takeover defense, Valuations
- Corporate Finance Advisory: Restructuring, Recapitalization, Financing Arrangements, Fairness Opinions and Valuations, Board of Director Assignments
- Strategy Consulting: Strategic alternatives assessment, Enterprise level strategy, Business unit/product line strategy, Strategic planning, Strategic and financial risk management, Competitive intelligence and market assessments, Integration planning
Mr. Seale founded Seale & Associates in 1999 and currently serves as its president. Mr. Seale served as a director on the board of Monument Bank from 2008 until its merger with Revere Bank (REVB) in 2016 ($65M transaction value). Mr. Seale then served as a director on the board of Revere Bank from 2016 until its merger with Sandy Spring Bank (SASR) in 2020 ($460M transaction value). During his tenure on the respective boards, Mr. Seale served on various committees including the Audit Committee, Director Loan Committee, Asset Liability Committee, Business Development Committee, Credit and Risk Management Committee, and the Strategic Planning Committee.
Mr. Seale received a J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School and a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky. He is both a CPA, a member of the Virginia Bar, and an adjunct professor at George Washington University Graduate School of Business (MBA level courses).
Mr. Seale serves on the boards of various civic and charitable organizations including Super Leaders and he served as the chairman of the Audit Committee for The Langley School.
To retain Mr. James Seale as an expert, please call 703-623-9253 (M) or 703-294-6570 (O) or visit the website at www.sealeassociates.com
- Business Valuation
- Financial Planning
- International Business
- Investment Banking
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Stocks & Bonds
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky
J.D. from University of Virginia
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member of Virginia Board of Accountancy
Member of Virginia Bar
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct Professor teaching Global Investment Banking at the George Washington University (MBA level courses)
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Ten
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Financing feasibility and credit rating analysis
Disclosure issues related to tracking stock
Stranded costs, fairness, disclosure and minority rights issues
Due diligence, disclosure, securitization, and good faith issues
Engagement agreement and best efforts
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Five
Available Upon Request