Mr. James Pellegrino, Senior Scientist at RJ Lee Group since 2001, has 50 years’ experience in the fields of metallography, fractography and failure/fracture analysis. He is an expert in conducting investigations of ferrous (carbon, alloy and stainless steel and high temperature alloys) and non-ferrous specimens using both optical and electron microscopy. Mr. Pellegrino has testified as an expert witness in state and federal courts, and has consulted on the design, manufacture and failure analysis of mining systems and components in Europe and Asia. He is the author or co-author of published articles which include peer-reviewed journals.
• Investigated and determined root cause of failure for welded structures, bridges, pressure vessels, steelmaking and rolling mill components, and marine propulsion and steering components.
• Performed corrosion failure analysis in chemical plants and refineries and on welded moment-resisting frames in buildings.
• Conducted failure analysis of mining equipment including down-hole oil, gas, and steam components.
• Wrote specifications for mining (longwall and conventional) equipment other heavy industrial components.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Physical metallurgy (microstructure)
• Mechanical metallurgy (flow, fracture, fatigue, and environment)
• Failure/Fracture Analysis
• Welded Metals
Areas of Expertise
- Analytical Testing Labs
- Consumer Products
- Equipment & Machinery
- Failure Analysis
- Materials Engineering
- Oil & Gas
- Products Liability
References upon request.