I have practiced as an acoustical consultant and an acoustical engineer since 1972. My practice covers architectural acoustics, industrial noise/vibration control and environmental acoustics. I have provided advice and consultation for projects in 40 states and 4 foreign countries. I consult nationally and travel extensively.
My education is a B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in physics. I am a registered (licensed) professional engineer in the state of Texas. I am a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America. I am a past president of the National Council of Acoustical Consultants. At present, I serve as the chairman of the Professional Practices Committee for the National Council of Acoustical consultants.
My clients include architects, engineers, lawyers, medical doctors, industrial managers, political organizers, and private individuals. I served as the acoustical consultant for the Republican National Conventions in 1992, 1996 and 2000.
I have provided professional consulting services on projects totaling more than $3 billions. That includes 34 Commercial Office Towers, 27 Full Service Hotels, 28 Limited Service Hotels, 11 High-rise Condominiums, 11 University Buildings, 19 Hospital Buildings, 11 Research Facilities, 9 Broadcast Studios (television, radio, recording & film), 6 Convention Centers or Arenas, 7 Criminal Justice Facilities, and 22 Churches.
I provided consulting services in Soundscaping for Cain Park on the campus of Texas A&M University.
I provided acoustical engineering review for designs of the trading floors of the New York Mercantile Exchange, the Chicago Board of Trade and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
On the issue of litigation, I have provided professional consultation and expert witness services for highway-railroad crossings accidents; aircraft noise intrusions, highway traffic noise intrusions, rail yard noise intrusions, automobile racetrack noise intrusions, industrial noise control, industrial noise intrusion to the environment, architectural sound isolation, and air-conditioning/mechanical noise intrusions.
Areas of Expertise
- Sound Engineering
- Vibration Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. Physics 1965
M.S. Physics 1967
Ph.D. Physics 1970
Registered (Licensed) Engineer - Texas
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: College of Fellows/Acoustical Society of America
Past President - National Council of Acoustical Consultants
American Council of Engineering Companies
American Institute of Physics
American Association of Physics Teachers
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Resume on request
PLEASE CALL OR VISIT THE WEBSITE FOR RANDORFF AND ASSOCIATES INC
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 140
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Train noise evaluation
Environmental sound level measurement and assessment
Highway traffic noise measurement assessment
Aircraft noise impact and assessment
Industrial employee noise exposure measurement and assessment
Industrial noise level measurement and assessment
Construction noise measurement and assessment
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 100
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Please call
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: All of the cases noted
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Approximately 25
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Began in 1973
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Sound Level Measurements
Sound Level Assessment
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Call
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: Call
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: Call
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Call
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reibursable expenses such as travel, hotel, subsistence, rent car, photo processing, instrument use, copy fees, etc. plus 10% for processing & handling
References upon request.