Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon - 40 years experience in treatment of spine and extremity problems. Services include organization of complex medical records, patient interviews and examinations, detailed interpretation of imaging studies, rendering unbiased and evidence based opinions for both plaintiff and defendant. Conferences regarding education on orthopedic topics and case specific issues are encouraged. Expert Witness Testimony in Orthopedic Surgery is provided, as requested.
Areas of Expertise
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Medical Malpractice
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Personal Injury
- Spine Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: 1956-1960 Cornell University - BA
1960-1964 Cornell Medical College - MD
1964-1969 University of Michigan - Internship and Residency - Orthopedic Surgery
1969-1971 United States Air Force - Major Rank - Commendation Medal
1971 American Board Orthopedic Surgery Certification
1971 License State of Colorado
1973 American Academy Orthopedic Surgeons Fellowship
2011 Recertification Level II Accreditation Workers' Compensation
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy Orthopedic Surgeons
Western Orthopedic Society
Colorado Orthopedic Society
Colorado Medical Society
Clear Creek Valley Medical Society\
American Medical Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: University of Colorado Medical Center - Clinical Teaching
Presentation American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Annual Meeting
St. Anthony Hospital and Exempla Lutheran Hospital - Lectures to Staff
EMT - Lectures Orthopedic Topics
Colorado Trial Lawyers - Medical/Legal Topics
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: My accreditations have NEVER been investigated, suspended or removed.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over the past 40 years, I have performed 3000 Independent Medical Examinations,
and have testified at Deposition and/or Trial approximately 300 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an Expert in Orthopedic Surgery, to evaluate and testify on conditions of the spine and extremities including trauma, sports medicine and musculoskeletal diseases such as arthritis.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I have maintained an independent position throughout my career, and do not favor
plaintiff or defendant. I will provide an unbiased and evidence based opinion,
without preference. My objective is to offer a clear understanding of orthopedic
injuries and degenerative conditions, as a basis for resolving legal issues.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: See Above
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I have provided Deposition Testimony and/or Trial Testimony, as an Expert in Orthopedic Surgery, approximately 300 times throughout my 40 year career.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May 2011
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: See Above
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: See Above
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 40 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: My services include the organization of complex medical records, patient interviews and examinations, interpretation of imaging studies, and rendering unbiased and evidence based opinions, to facilitate the resolution of difficult medical/legal issues. Conferences and testimony regarding my opinions are encouraged.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $1200.00 per hour for personal consultation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $800.00 per hour for medical record review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $1200.00 per hour for deposition testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3000.00 total fee for testimony in Denver
Additional charges for half-day or full-day testimony in Colorado or out of state
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $1000.00 for retainer fee
References upon request.