Dr. Yeaton is an experienced surgical malpractice expert witness, with over thirteen years of review experience in areas of laparoscopic abdominal surgery, breast surgery, trauma management, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, bariatric surgery and soft tissue tumor resection, complications of abdominal surgery and post-operative care and over 33 years in general surgical practice
Areas of Expertise
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Medical Malpractice
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board certified American Board of Surgery, Fellow American College of Surgeons
New York, Virginia, Vermont license in medical practice
MD from University of Vermont College of Medicine
AB from Boston University
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: New York Chapter American College of Surgeons
Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Acting Residency Director, University of Nevada
Clinical Surgical Instructor, University of Nevada
Instructor of the Year, Department of Surgery, University of Nevada
Clinical Surgical Instructor, University of Vermont
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Liver Trauma, Wrongful Death, Breast Cancer Surgery, Anal Surgery, Laparoscopic colon resection, Hiatal Hernia surgery, Thyroid surgery, Appendectomy Complications, Excision of Subcutaneous Mass Complications
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 98%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 2%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: over 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Spring of 2015
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: over 15
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: over 15
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 13
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, review of case documents, phyical exam and assessment
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $5000 per day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel and lodging expenses as necessary. If able to drive, will drive at $50 per hour in my own car.
References upon request.