Howard J. Friedman, Ph.D., ABPP is a board-certified neuropsychologist with primary offices in California and additional offices in Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas. He performs forensic neuropsychological and psychological evaluations to address questions of brain injury or emotional trauma/injury.
Areas of Expertise
- Brain Injury
- Forensic Psychology
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychologists & Psychiatrists
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph.D., Rutgers University (1978), Board Certified (Amer. Board of Clinical Neuropsychology, Amer. Board of Professional Psychology, Amer. Board of Professional Neuropsychology), Licensed in California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Texas
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Academy of Neuropsychology, International Neuropsychology Society, American Psychological Association, Northern California Neuropsychology Forum (president, 2007-2008), Contra Costa Psychological Association (Past-President)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Numerous presentations, such as for Continuing Legal Education, on topics of traumatic brain injury, neuropsychological assessment and toxic exposure
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: several hundred
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology, Traumatic Brain Injury, Emotional Injury, PTSD, Workplace Discrimination, Competency Issues (i.e., To Stand Trial, Understanding Miranda, Testimentary)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: About 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: more than 200
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March, 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: For the last 10 years: 32 cases in several different state jurisdictions and in federal court
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: More than 40 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 30 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Neuropsychological and Psychological Evaluations, Consultation regarding cases, Record Review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $385/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $385/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $650/hr. billed at half day basis
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time out of office (greater than 0.25 hr) is billed at hourly rate along with travel costs. Travel to and from offices in CA, NM, AZ, UT, TX is not billed, but the time out of those offices is billed.
References upon request.