Mr. Ickert is an experienced forensic accountant certified in financial forensics by the AICPA and fraud related matters by the ACFE.
A certified public accountant, he has performed damage calculations in various corporate litigation and provided expert testimony in local, state and Federal courts.
Heinz Ickert is able to unwind complex financial transactions and complicated subjects and render them comprehensible in nontechnical language for juries and other triers-of-fact. His experience includes complex financial litigation, including intellectual property damages, shareholder/partner disputes, breach of contract, and lost profits. Other areas of expertise include fraud detection, CPA malpractice claims, bankruptcy and divorce.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Intellectual Property
- Lost Profits
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Public Accountant, licensed in Ohio and Florida.
Certified in Financial Forensics - AICPA
Certified Fraud Examiner - ACFE
Certified Valuation Analyst - NACFE
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, The Academy of Economic and Financial Experts, National Association of Forensic Economics and Rotary International.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Association of Certified Fraud Examiners on various investigative fraud topics. Ohio Society of CPAs on various business valuation, accounting and fraud topics. Frequent speaker to various business groups on topics including fraud detection and investigation, business valuation and intellectual property damages including lost profits and reasonable royalties.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Extensive experience covering hundreds of litigation matters.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Business valuation, CPA malpractice, intellectual property damages, commercial damage claims, business interruption, fraud, marital relations, bankruptcy, business damages and evaluating opposing party claims and expert reports. Retained by legal counsel to assist in interrogatories, discovery and providing lines of questioning for deposition or trial.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 100.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 100.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 100.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 35+
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, expert reports, evaluation of opposing parties case and/or expert report.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Out of pocket travel expenses, direct case related expenses for research or surveys required, and other direct case related expenses including report production. Costs incurred for retained experts in related fields when necessary and required.
References upon request.