Mr. Neill, CIH has been involved in indoor air quality, mold, moisture, Legionnaire disease, Aspergillosis and other infectious diseases as related to building environments for more than 20 years. Mr. Neill and his team of certified industrial hygienists have been involved with all aspects from conducting the initial investigations thru litigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Safety Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MS, Industrial Hygiene, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA- 1987
BS, Environmental Engineering Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA- 1986
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) in Comprehensive Practice by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene in 1993 - Certificate No. 5997
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Board of Industrial Hygiene, Diplomat
American Industrial Hygiene Association, Local and National Member
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Neill, Harry M., April 2003 “Mold Investigation and Remediation”. Presentation Allentown Chapter of Construction Standards Institute, 25th Annual CSI Design and Product Show
Neill, Harry M., 2002 “Consultants Perspective on Microbial Remediation”. Presentation at the Association of Specialists in Cleaning and Restoration, 57th Annual Convention and Exhibition, Palm Springs, California
Neill, Harry M. March 2002, “Microbiological Conditions (Mold) Affecting Structures” Presentation to the Delaware Association of Realtors at their Toxic Mold Forum
Neill, Harry M., April 2001 “Indoor Microbiological and Moisture Investigations and Remediation” Presentation at the 8th Annual American Lehigh Valley Industrial Hygiene Association Conference, Allentown, PA.
Favata, Elissa Ann, Neill, Harry M., Yang, Chin S., December 2001 “Emerging Microbial Diseases of the Indoor Environment” Presentation to the 20th Northeast Regional Industrial Hygiene Conference, Princeton, NJ
Favata, Elissa Ann, Neill, Harry M., Yang, Chin S., Chapter 38 Emerging Microbial Diseases of the Indoor Environment, pp 697-716, Occupational and Environmental Infectious Diseases, Edited By Alain J. Couturier, MD, OEM Press Copyright 2000.
Neill, Harry M., 1997. “Is Your Hospital Making Patients Sick? Pay Now—or Later!” Proceedings from the American Society for Healthcare Engineering of the American Hospital Association, 34th Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition, San Antonio, TX, July 1997.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 40 plus
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Indoor air quality; industrial hygiene; mold causation and remediation; personal injury; real property damage; personal property damage
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: approx 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approx 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Four (4)
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 2008
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Three (3)
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Six (6)
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Eight (8)
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: 1Source Safety and Health Inc is a safety and health consulting firm. As such we provide clients with initial site investigations, testing, data interpretation, development of recommendations, reports, etc. Our areas of expertise include: indoor air quality, online training, microbiological (mold) assessments, industrial hygiene, construction safety, ergonomics, asbestos and lead management, odor investigations, safety management, OSHA audits, OSHA VPP, compliance, JCAHO support and audits, air sampling, environmental disease investigations, training programs, HAZWOPER training, litigation support and more
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $225
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
other direct expenses
References upon request.