Harry Hull M.D. is an infectious disease epidemiologist specializing in food borne illness, vaccines and disease outbreak investigations. He has expertise in a broad variety of infections diseases from working for the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and serving as the state epidemiologist for Minnesota and New Mexico. He is a graduate of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and is licensed to practice medicine in Minnesota. He is on the teaching faculty of the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine and the University of Nevada, Reno School of Community Health. He was an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota School of Medicine and the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. He has worked as a medical expert witness for the past 12 years.
- Infectious Disease
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Pediatric Residency, University of Arizona & University of Washington
Board Certified, American Board of Pediatrics
Trained in field epidemiology as an EIS officer at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Pediatrics
Past President, Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching Faculty, University of Nevada, Reno, School of Medicine
Teaching Faculty, University of Nevada, Reno, School of Community Health
Adjunct Professor Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, School of Medicine
Adjunct Professor, Infectious Disease Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, School of Public Health
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an expert in more than 200 cases. I have testified at trial on 8 occasions and been deposed on 48 occasions.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Foodborne disease (Food Poisoning) - salmonella, E. coli, Campylobacter, Norovirus, Listeria, Yersinia, Ciguatera and Scombroid poisoning
Infectious Diseases - Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Influenza, MRSA, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Rabies, Lyme Disease, Legionellosis, Enterobacter sakazakii, Hantavirus, Bubonic Plague, Klebsiella, Aeromonas, Enterobacter, Herpes simplex, Herpes zoster, Giardia, Psuedomonas, non-Tuberculous mycobacteria, Bacillus cereus, Acinetobacter, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, meningitis, sepsis, pneumonia, ostemyelitis, necrotizing fasciitis, cellulitis, folliculitis, paraspinous abscess, endocardiditis, epidural abscess
Vaccines - meningococcal, pneumococcus, rabies, influenza, mumps, measles
Medical malpractice - herpes simplex, septicemia, bubonic plague, spinal hematoma
Infectious disease transmission - Salmonella, gram negative sepsis, Streptococcus, MRSA, infuenza, Hepatitis B & C, fungal infections, endopthalmitis, Tuberculosis, Mycoplasma, viral meningitis, amoebic meningitis,
Injuries - immunological effects of splenectomy, Guillian-Barre syndrome following Campylobacter infection, brain damage from an endotoxin contaminated food product, bullous skin lesion following dental anesthesia, ADHD following head trauma
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Forty-eight
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Eight
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Eight
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Twelve
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Record review, consulting, reports, deposition, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $700
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $700 within Washoe County, Nevada
$5000 per day elsewhere
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses, printing and copying fees
Travel time $250/hr
References upon request.