Dr. Chen is a practicing Obstetrician & Gynecologist with over 20 years of academic and clinical experience. He practices at Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he is a Clinical Assistant Professor.
Areas of Expertise
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Graduated Cum Laude from Duke University
MD from University of Illinois, Chicago
Clinical Assistant Professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Board certified by the American Board of OB/GYN (ABOG)
Fellow of the American College of OB/GYN (ACOG)
Medical Consultant, Natera, Inc
National Certification Corporation certified in Electronic Fetal Monitoring
Certified Menopause Practitioner, North American Menopause Society(NAMS)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. General Obstetrics & Gynecology
Speaker's Bureau Natera, Inc. Noninvasive Prenatal Testing
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: General Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 30
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 70
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 3
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December 2014
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 7
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case review
Expert Witness Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600/hour for in-town, $5000 flat rate for out of town
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: Flat rate of $5000 for the day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses including transfer to and from airports, coach airfare, hotel accommodations,and meals.
References upon request.