Since 1983, 94% of our 565 Industrial Cases have settled OUT OF COURT – as representatives for Insurers, Defense and Plaintiff Attorneys. Our Principals and Associates have in depth expertise in a broad spectrum of Industries – specializing in Intellectual Property, Safety Regulations, OSHA and Accident Reconstruction.
Areas of expertise include drilling, natural gas, petroleum, oil & gas production, petrochemical, chemical plants, refineries, power stations, co-generation, pulp & paper, logging & forestry, lumber & wood products, food manufacturing, electronics manufacturing, plastics, metals, machine & tool design, packaging, materials handling, trucking, warehousing, and industrial construction. Available worldwide for plaintiff and defense cases.
To assist our clients SETTLE their Industrial Cases OUT OF COURT, which significantly reduces the time and cost of extensive litigation.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
By hiring an Expert Witness early in a case, with specific industrial experience, you will gain valuable insight about the circumstances – regardless of which side you represent. You will know:
1. What and where poignant plant or supplier documents should exist.
2. What to look for and request to see during a site inspection.
3. What is inside the plant, including processes and equipment.
4. How to interpret data, and spot misinterpretation.
5. Who to depose, what to ask, and where to probe.
6. How they operate, and how their competition operates.
7. What other safeguards were available, but missing.
8. When a Model can demonstrate the circumstances better than words.
A Causey Engineering Expert Witness, trained in Forensic and Investigative Services, can present case circumstances and specific industry standards and regulations, by combining them into an understandable portrait of the case – that will withstand a Daubert Challenge.
Causey Engineering has been providing Expert Witness, Forensic Engineering, Investigation, and Litigation Support services NATIONWIDE since 1983. We specialize in Industrial and Construction Safety, to either plaintiff or defense council – where we have in-depth expertise.
Our experts are professionals with engineering, operational, and management experience in their specialized industry.
Our firm purposefully restricts itself to inter-related industries. This avoids being spread too thin over the complete spectrum of industries. Many regulations and standards that apply to industrial cases are developed by and for a specific industry. A comprehensive understanding of the specific industry is essential in order to block assertions from a hired generalist.
When new Experts become associated with Causey Engineering LLC, they are trained and mentored by Causey, in accordance with the highest standards of the Expert Witnessing profession. They learn the process and requirements to apply their knowledge and assist their client, whether it is on the plaintiff or defense council.
Often, show and tell is much more effective than words. Models can be persuasive. Accordingly, Causey Engineering can design and build relatively inexpensive machine models or components. Historically, medical litigation has had more experience with models. Industrial modeling is considerably simpler and inexpensive compared to medical models. Our extensive experience in modeling frequently results in settlements during Mediation and Deposition.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Central Power Stations
Construction & Claims
Engineering & Design
Engineering & Operations Analysis
Engineering Forensic Disciplines
Exhibits & Charts
Fires & Explosions
Ladders & Scaffolds
Lumber & Wood Processing
Machine & Tool Design
Machinery and Equipment
Oil and Gas Production
Pulp & Paper Industry
Regulations Investigation & Interpretaion
Structual, Pipe & Electrical
Title 29 & 49
PE Professional Engineer Registered in Alabama, California, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. Registered with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying.
ASME Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
ASTM Member of the American Society for Testing and Materials. Member of the Forensic Sciences Committee.
NAFE Member of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers.
NSPE Member of the National Society of Professional Engineers
TAPPI Member of the Technical Association of Pulp and Paper Industry employees. Served in various leadership positions at the local and national levels.
TSPE Member of the Texas Society of Professional Engineers
· Gerald J. Hietpas, PE, BSME, MBA - President
· Diane Brumley, BSChE
· Robert H. Bruckmann, BSChE, MSChE, CQE
· Armenag H. Dekmezian, BSCh, MSCh, PhDCh
· Sherill D. Eades, BS Forestry
· A. F. Giles, Jr., Aviation, A&P Mechanic
· John B. Gordon, BSEE, MSE, PE
· Mike Grimes, BA, MBA
· Daniel I. Hall, PE, BSCE, MSCE
· Greg M. Hietpas, BS Aviation
· W. Michael Johnson, PE, BSEE, MIM
· F.P. (Pat) Manchack, BS Chemistry
· John H. Maples, Petroleum Engineering
· Jennifer Marrs, MSME, PE
· Marc McConnell, BChE, PE, Environmental Sciences
· Edgar O. Metcalf, BSEE, PE
· Douglas E. Miles, BSME
· Ronald K. Miller, International Construction/Project Management
· David L. Peterson, BSEE, MBA
· Dwight B. Pfenning, PhDChE, PE
· Don Prielipp, MS Forestry
· Steven R. Ryzner, BSEE, MBA
· Jerry V. Schmeil, BSCE
· Donald N. Schulz, BA, PhD Organic Chemistry
· Richard L. Seay, BSME
· Barbara A. Trenary, BS, CIH
· Joseph P. Vosters, BSME, MBS, PE
· Joseph D. Wendlick, MSCh, Industrial Hygiene/Toxicology
· John R. Weyler, MSE, PE, Petroleum Engineering
· Mehrnoush Zare, BS/MS Materials Eng, MSME, EIT
· Barry D. Zubke, CQE, BSEE
Contact us, and ask for Jerry Hietpas directly. Together we can determine if Causey Engineering, LLC has the expertise for your case. Or check out our website first, and then call us.
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Admiralty & Maritime
- All Terrain Vehicles (ATV)
- Building Codes
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Combustion Engineering
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Consumer Products
- Demonstrative Evidence/Exhibits
- Disabled Access
- Electrical Engineering
- Elevator & Escalator
- Environmental Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Facility Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Food Processing Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Gas Turbine Engineering
- Hazardous Waste
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Intellectual Property
- Labels & Warnings
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Latches & Fasteners
- Machine Guarding
- Machinery & Equipment Appraisal
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Injury
- Petroleum Engineering
- Plumbing & HVAC
- Power Tools
- Products Liability
- Professional Engineering
- Pulp & Paper Industry
- Safety Engineering
- Safety Equipment
- Sanitary Engineering/Waste Management
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Structural Engineering
- Trade Secrets
- Transportation Safety
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Warehouse Operations
- Water Utility
- Water/Sewage Treatment Engineering
- Wood Products & Lumber
Additional Referrals available upon request.
Robert Spitkovsky, Jr.
Johnson & Bell Attorneys at Law
Jason G. Moyers
Frankl, Miller & Webb
Wright & Greenhill, P.C.
Peter C. Ensign
Ensign & Bowe
Wilcoxen, Callahan, Montgomery & Deacon
Will Ferguson & Associates Attorneys at Law