Dr. Rodriguez is a specialist in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation with over 27 years experience as a treating physician and expert witness. He is collaborative in reviewing medical records as well as evaluating patients. Finding relevant facts from complicated records as well as making recommendations regarding evidence are among his best skills. Explaining the medical evidence in light of the legal principles of each case are another forte of his. He has testified over 1500 times and reviewed over 14,000 records. Precision and completeness are his goal.
Areas of Expertise
- Burn Injury
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Industrial Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Pain Management
- Personal Injury
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD degree conferred by the University of Pennsylvania 1985. Licensed in Pennsylvania uninterrupted since 1986. Board certified in PM&R since 1990. Board certified in Pain Medicine since 2005.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AMA, AAPM&R, AAPM.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: CLE lectures on Impairment Rating Evaluations for Delaware County Bar Assoc. as well as the Pa BWC. Presentations at private insurance companies as to relevance of FCEs and how to apply and dissect them.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Never.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: > 10,000 times to include review of records with an expert written opinion given to settle cases.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Live, video and court reporter testimony. Both plaintiff and defendant. Expert as specialist, treating physician, rebuttal. Motor vehicle, workers' compensation, slip and fall. Diagnostic expertise, Treatment expertise, functional losses expertise, connection of findings to case in question expertise.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >1,500 times.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 1.5 years ago.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: >1,500 times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: About 25 times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: About 27 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, testing (EMGs and MRIs on premises), reports, review of records, patient evaluations, referral to other specialists (as requested by referral source), functional capacity evaluations, impairment ratings per AMA Guides (Ed 4, 5, & 6), assessment of variables and weight of these relevant to medical evidence per law that applies.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $750/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $1000/hr.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $4000/hr with additional time at $1000/15 mins.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $6000/hr with additional time at $1500/15 mins.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All expenses at cost only. Copy fees as set by PA government for medical records.
Available Upon Request