I have testified in court and deposition in California for 15 years regarding lost profits, lost wages, and business valuation. Cases I have been involved in include personal injury, wrongful death, employment discharge, shareholder/partnership disputes, marital dissolution, and landlord/tenant disputes.
Earnings losses have been to self employed people, and business owners as well as salaried or hourly employees. Salaried or hourly losses have been analyzed for private company employees as well as public employees, with analyses of public pensions.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Employment & Vocational
- Lost Profits
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BA, Applied Mathematics, University of California at Berkeley, 1977
MBA, University of California at Berkeley, 1983
Certified Earnings Analyst, designation granted by American Rehabilitation Economics Association
Certified Valuation Analyst, designation granted by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Rehabilitation Economics Association; vice president 2015 - 17
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Given seminars on economic damages in personal injury cases and on business valuation at bar associations in Northern California
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Several hundred
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Economic damages, business valuation
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Depends on the type of case:
Personal injury - majority defense
Employment discharge - majority plaintiff
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 91
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 9/22/15
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 43
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 39
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, expert witness
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $295
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Direct out of pocket costs such as parking and tolls, air far and hotels if necessary.
GINN & CROSBY, LLP
1981 N. Broadway Suite 275
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Menekshe Law Firm
16275 Los Gatos Boulevard
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Jackson, Jenkins & Rentrom
55 Francisco Street, 6th Floor
San Francisco, California 94133
Low Ball & Lynch
505 Montgomery Street, 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-2584
Imai Tadlock Keeney & Cordery
100 Bush Street, Ste. 1300
San Francisco, CA 94104
McKenna Long & Aldridge
One Market Plaza
Spear Tower, 24th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105