George Hedley, owner of Hedley Construction & Development Inc., is a commercial general contractor and builder of over $700 million of projects ranging from $100,000 to $10 million. His experience includes office, retail, manufacturing, industrial, warehouse and residential contracting throughout Southern California. He provides personal professional hands-on construction and real estate development expert witness consulting services. His experience as the general contractor of over 750 projects, as a real estate developer, past president of 3 construction associations, and well-known industry speaker, allows him to provide detailed expert analysis, convincing presentations and positive results on construction and development issues. He is the recognized construction business expert and published author of books on construction business, cost estimating, field and project management, and construction contracts. His consulting services include standard construction industry practices, cost estimating, project management, field supervision, change orders, contract issues & disputes, claims, scheduling, delays, contract requirements, defects, field operations and inspections.
Construction Standard Industry Practices of General Contractors, Subcontractors & Suppliers
- General Contractor, Subcontractor & Supplier Issues & Disputes
- Cost Estimating, Cost of Replacement & Bidding Practices
- Industry Standard Mark-Up, Overhead, General Conditions, Profit & Labor Costs
- Scheduling & Delays - Claims, Causes, Notices, Documentation & Costs
- General Contracts & Subcontracts - Standards, Terms, Scope, Inclusions & Exclusions
- Contract Claims, Documentation, Payment Issues & Dispute Analysis
- Change Orders - Causes, Notices, Documentation & Costs
- Defect Analysis, Costs, Remedies & Inspections
- Project Management, Supervision & Field Operations - Standards, Notices & Practices
- Architect, Engineering, Plans & Specifications Review
- Site Inspections & Project Completion Studies
- Defect Analysis, Costs, Remedies, Repairs & Inspections
- Permits, Entitlements, Utility Company Work & Approvals
- Standard General Contract & Subcontract Terms & Conditions
- Contractor Licensing Requirements
- Standard Practices Of Contractors, Project Owners, Developers, Lenders, Architects & Engineers
- Commercial & Retail Projects
- Industrial, Warehouse & Manufacturing Projects
- Tenant Improvements
- Self Storage
- Office & Medical Buildings
- Street Improvements & Site Work
- Private & Public Works
- General Contractor, Subcontractor & Supplier Disputes
- Project Owner Or Developer Versus Contractor & Subcontractor Disputes
- Contract Management Issues - Clauses, Requirements, Documentation, Scope, Inclusions & Exclusions
- Cost Estimating, Bidding Practices, Pricing Disputes, Standard Mark-Up
- Schedule & Delay Claim Cost Analysis
- Claims & Change Orders
- Condemnation Cases
- Lender & Borrower Disputes
- Construction Defects & Repair Claims
- Developer & Partner Disputes
- Cost Of Completion Issues
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT EXPERT
- Standard Practices Of Developers - Management, Responsibility & Financial Fiduciary Duties
- Real Estate Development Standards & Industry Practices
- Responsibilities of Developer & Contractors, Architects, Engineers & Consultants
- Project Entitlement, Processing, Permits & Approval Issues
- Real Estate Development Financial Analysis
- Permits & Approval Processing & Responsibility
- Managing the Architecture, Engineering & Planning Requirements & Issues
- Manager and General Partner - Partnership & LLC Responsibilities, Duties & Disputes
- Standard Practices for Financing, Construction Loans, Banking & Disputes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Damages
- Construction Site
- Property Management
- Real Estate Damages
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor Of Science Civil-Structural Engineering - University Of Southern California
California Contractor License #391412 "B"
- Get Your Construction Business To Always Make A Profit!
- Hardhat BIZSCHOOL - Online University For Contractors
- Field & Project Management Systems That Work
- Construction Profit-Driven Estimating Systems
- Construction Contracts & Subcontracts 101
- Estimating & Bidding Strategies
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Past President:
- Associated Builders & Contractors - Southern California Chapter
- Southern California Builders Association
- Orange County Builders Association
Past Board Member - National Association Of Office & Industrial Parks
American Arbitration Association - Construction Arbitrator
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: George Hedley is one of the top construction industry speakers and trainers in the USA and presents to over 40 Construction Companies and National and State Associations every year including the World Of Concrete the past 22 years in a row.
His subjects include: Field & Project Management, Construction Contracts, Cost Estimating, Construction Business Practices, Change Orders, Supervision and Leadership, Field Productivity, etc. etc.
His Speaking Engagements Include: World Of Concrete, Associated General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors, American Society Of Professional Estimators, American Subcontractors Association, National Utility Contractors Association and over 100 other National Construction Associations
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: George Hedley primarily performs construction management and contractor business consulting services today. In addition, every year he performs expert witness consulting services on five to ten cases. He has been retained as an expert on over 70 cases over the past twenty five years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cost estimating; cost of replacement; eminent domain, construction claims; construction standard practices; defect inspections and analysis; defect costs; project management and supervision; project scheduling; construction delay claims; construction field operations; construction business overhead and profit; breech of contracts; contractor disputes with general contractors, developers,subcontractors, architects, and engineers; project field standard practices, project management, contractor license issues, real estate development zoning & permit issues, real estate developer standard of care, real estate development practices; and real estate project management.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 20
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 1995
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Construction Business Practices, Cost Estimating, Construction Claims & Disputes, Standard Of Care, Contractor Standard Practices, Change Order Analysis, Project Site Inspections & Reports, Defect Analysis & Remedies, Contract Claims Analysis & Disputes, Plans & Specifications Review, Field Operations & Project Management, Project Completion & Scheduling, Construction Safety Practices. Real Estate Developer standard practices and responsibilities, financial responsibilities, permit processing, project management duties, etc.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $267
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $267
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Standard Reimbursable Expenses for mileage, travel, printing, etc.
Email GH@HardhatPresentations.com or call for references.
Crowell & Moring
Straddling Yocca Carlson & Rauth
Sulllivan, Ballog & Williams
Greben & Associates
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith
Murphy & Evertz
Holland & Hart