George Hedley, general contractor and builder of over 700 major commercial, industrial and residential projects, provides personal professional hands-on construction and real estate development expert witness consulting services. His experience as owner of a prominent Southern California general contractor, real estate developer, and past president of three national construction associations allows him to provide detailed analysis, convincing presentations and positive results on commercial and residential construction and development issues. He has built more than 700 projects from $100,000 to $10 million totaling over $500 million. He is the recognized construction business expert and published author of several construction books on construction business, cost estimating, field and project management, and construction contracts. His services include standard practices, cost estimating, overhead and profit, business management, changes and change orders, contract disputes, claims, scheduling, delays, contract issues, defects, field operations, and safety practices.
- Cost Estimating & Cost of Replacement
- Mark-Up, Overhead, General Conditions & Profit
- Defect Analysis & Inspections
- Claims & Disputes Between Owners, General Contractors & Subcontractors
- Standard Industry Practices of General Contractors, Subcontractors, Project Owners, Lenders, Architects and Engineers.
- Schedule & Delays - Causes, Notices, Documentation & Costs
- Contracts - Standards, Requirements, Terms, Scope, Inclusions, Exclusions, Practices, Documentation & Enforcement
- Change Orders - Causes, Notices, Documentation & Costs
- Field Supervision & Project Management - Standard Industry Practices
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
- Standard Practices Of Developers - Management, Responsibility & Financial Fiduciary Duties
- Permits & Approval Processing & Responsibility
- Managing the Architecture, Engineering & Planning Requirements & Issues
- Manager and General Partner - Partnership & LLC Responsibilities, Duties & Disputes
- Standard Practices for Financing, Construction Loans, Banking & Disputes
- Commercial & Retail Projects
- Industrial & Warehouse Projects
- Self Storage
- Office & Medical Buildings
- Custom Homes, Apartments & Condominiums
- Street Improvements
- Private & Public Works
- General Contractor, Subcontractor & Supplier Disputes
- Developer Versus Contractor & Subcontractor Disputes
- Contract Management Issues
- Bids, Estimating & Bid Practices
- Schedule & Delays Cost Analysis
- Claims & Change Orders
- Developer / Owner & Contractor Disputes
- Condemnation Cases
- Lender & Borrower Disputes
- Construction Defects & Repair Claims
- Developer & Partner Disputes
- Cost Of Completion Issues
Areas of Expertise
- Building Contractor Liability
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Damages
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Lost Profits
- Property Management
- Real Estate Damages
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor Of Science Civil-Structural Engineering - University Of Southern California
California Contractor License #391412 "B"
- Get Your Construction Business To Always Make A Profit!
- Hardhat BIZSCHOOL - Online University For Contractors
- Field & Project Management Systems That Work
- Construction Profit-Driven Estimating Systems
- Construction Contracts & Subcontracts 101
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Past President:
- Associated Builders & Contractors - Southern California Chapter
- Southern California Builders Association
- Orange County Builders Association
Past Board Member - National Association Of Office & Industrial Parks
American Arbitration Association - Construction Arbitrator
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: George Hedley is one of the top construction industry speakers and trainers in the USA and presents to over 40 Construction Companies and National and State Associations every year including the World Of Concrete the past 19 years in a row.
His subjects include: Field & Project Management, Construction Contracts, Cost Estimating, Construction Business Practices, Change Orders, Supervision and Leadership, Field Productivity, etc. etc.
His Speaking Engagements Include: World Of Concrete, Associated General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors, American Society Of Professional Estimators, American Subcontractors Association, National Utility Contractors Association and over 100 other National Construction Associations
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: George Hedley primarily performs construction management and contractor business consulting services today. In addition, every year he performs expert witness consulting services on five to ten cases. He has been retained as an expert on over 70 cases over the past twenty five years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cost estimating; cost of replacement; eminent domain construction claims; construction standard practices; defect inspections and analysis; defect costs; project management and supervision; project scheduling; construction delay claims; construction field operations; construction business overhead and profit; breech of contracts; contractor disputes with general contractors, developers,subcontractors, architects, and engineers; project safety standard practices, real estate development zoning & permit issues, real estate developer standard of care, real estate development practices; and real estate project management.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 40
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 20
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 1995
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Construction Business Practices, Cost Estimating, Construction Claims & Disputes, Standard Of Care, Contractor Standard Practices, Change Order Analysis, Project Site Inspections & Reports, Defect Analysis & Remedies, Contract Claims Analysis & Disputes, Plans & Specifications Review, Field Operations & Project Management, Project Completion & Scheduling, Construction Safety Practices. Real Estate Developer standard practices and responsibilities, financial responsibilities, permit processing, project management duties, etc.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $265
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $265
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Standard Reimbursable Expenses for mileage, travel, printing, etc.
Email GH@HardhatPresentations.com or call for references.
Crowell & Moring
Straddling Yocca Carlson & Rauth
Sulllivan, Ballog & Williams
Greben & Associates
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith
Murphy & Evertz
Holland & Hart