George Hedley, builder of over 1,000 projects, provides personal professional hands-on construction and real estate development expert witness consulting services. His experience as owner of a major general contractor, real estate developer, and past president of two national construction associations allows him to provide detailed analysis, convincing presentations and positive results on most commercial and residential project issues. He has built more than 1,000 projects costing over $700 million. He is the published author of construction books on estimating, field and project management, and construction contracts. His services include standard practices, cost estimating, changes, disputes, claims, scheduling, delays, contracts, defects, field operations, and safety practices.
- Cost Estimating & Cost of Replacement
- Defect Analysis & Inspections
- Claims & Disputes
- Standard Industry Practices
- Schedule Delays
- Contracts & Change Orders
- Field & Project Management
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
- Standard Practices Of Developers
- Permits & Approval Processing
- Architecture, Engineering & Planning Issues
- Partnership & LLC Disputes
- Financing, Construction Loans & Banking Disputes
- Commercial & Retail Projects
- Industrial & Warehouse Projects
- Self Storage
- Office & Medical Buildings
- Custom Homes, Apartments & Condominuiums
- Street Improvements
- Private & Public Works
- General Contractor & Subcontractor & Supplier Disputes
- Contract Management Issues
- Bids, Delays, Claims & Change Orders
- Developer / Owner & Contractor Disputes
- Condemnation Cases
- Lender & Borrower Disputes
- Construction Defects & Repair Claims
- Developer & Partner Disputes
- Cost Of Completion Issues
Areas of Expertise
- Building Contractor Liability
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Damages
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Lost Profits
- Property Management
- Real Estate Damages
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor Of Science Civil-Structural Engineering - University Of Southern California
California Contractor License #391412 "B"
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Past President:
- Associated Builders & Contractors - Southern California Chapter
- Southern California Builders Association
- Orange County Builders Association
Past Board Member
- National Association Of Ofice & Industrial Parks
American Arbitration Association - Arbitrator
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: George Hedley speaks to over 50 Construction Companies and Associations ever year.
He is one of the top construction industry in the USA.
His subjects include: Field & Project Management, Construction Contracts, Cost Estimating, Construction Business Practices, etc. etc.
His Speaking Engagements Include: World Of Concrete, Associated General Contractors, Associated Builders and Contractors, American Society Of Professional Estimators, American Subcontractors Association, National Utility Contractors Association, and over 100 other National Construction Associations
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: George Hedley has primarily run and managed his construction company. Every year he acts as an expert on five to ten cases. He has been retained as an expert on over 50 cases over the past twenty years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Cost estimating, cost of replacement, construction standard practices, safety practices, defect inspections and analysis, defect costs, conctruction delay claims, construction field operations, breech of contracts, contractor disputes, real estate zoning issues, real estate developer standard of care, project scheduling
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2010
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 20
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 20
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 1995
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Construction Business Practices, Cost Estimating, Construction Claims & Disputes, Standard Of Care, Contractor Standard Practices, Change Order Analysis, Project Site Inspections & Reports, Defect Analysis & Remedies, Contract Claims Analysis & Disputes, Plans & Specifications Review, Field Operations & Project Management, Project Completion & Scheduling, Construction Safety Practices
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $255
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $255
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $295
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $295
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Standard Reimbursables
References upon request.