Gene Sisco has 40 years of experience in large scale retail, urban mixed use and multifamily real estate development. He is a developer, construction manager and award-winning architect: 45 million sf.
After practicing architecture and construction management, Mr. Sisco founded Development by Design, Inc. to fill a business management weakness in the real estate development process wherein design/architectural “intent” did not result in on time/on budget performance.
He assembled a multidisciplinary team to manage owner real estate development risk from a project’s inception through fruition. Designing to a target budget, value engineering, and requiring periodic scope- to-cost checks are leadership benchmarks DbyD has prioritized for its “Design/Build Team.”
Domestic projects include Large Retail Regional Shopping Centers, Urban Mixed Use, Municipal, Institutional, Multifamily Residential and Entertainment. Abroad, DbyD has provided concepts for vertical malls, mixed use urban infill, and entertainment for developments in China, South Korea, Japan, Spain, and Italy.
In addition to actively leading development projects, Mr. Sisco has been a frequent advisor to institutional owners, providing creative project development concepts that bring together the worlds of leasing and design/build for value-added solutions.
M.B.A. from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, Master of Architecture from Harvard University’s School of Design. B.A. from Holy Cross College.
Mr. Sisco is a Global and Commercial Retail Council Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and a Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction & Architecture
- Construction Damages
- Construction Site
- Land Use & Zoning
- Parking Lots/Garages
- Real Estate Damages
- Retail Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.B.A. from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University 1982; Master’s in Architecture from the Harvard University School of Design 1971; and B.A. from Holy Cross College 1967.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Global Exchange Council; Urban Land Institute (ULI); Retail and Commercial International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC); BOMA, Maryland; Progressive Architecture Award; AIA Awards; Henry Adams Award – Harvard. Former member: American Institute of Architects (AIA), Association of General Contractors.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Mr. Sisco served as a Teaching Fellow in Visual & Environmental Studies, Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts, Harvard University. He has been an award judge for several international government projects including the Chonquing Opera House, Qhonquing, China with internationally recognized architect Ricardo Bofill. Mr. Sisco has moderated expert panels on regional Mall development, the emerging urban infill of large retail development, inner city development, and trophy mixed use projects such as Hudson Yards, New York.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 6th, 2015
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Development advisory and management; construction management; land planning; tenant relations; architectural and engineering management.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $325/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $325/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $375/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $375/hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Copy fees and travel expenses.
References upon request.