Dr. Fred Moss has been in the psychiatric field continually for over 30 years, and has had extensive experience in multiple mental health sub-disciplines during that time. He has experienced multiple facets of many different areas, including but not limited to inpatient, outpatient, residential, rehabilitation, prisons, orphanages, clinic settings and homelessness. He has taken care of thousands of patients in nearly all age groups and settings, as a primary caretaker, supervisor and as an objective reviewer of his peers. From chronic to acute care and from emergency rooms to nursing homes, he has been part of both outstanding and tragic outcomes throughout his career.
Dr. Moss has been retained by attorneys from both the Defense and the Plaintiff side. Dr. Moss offers articulate and thorough opinions addressing all of the questions posed and associated comprehensive reports, outlining the opinions and the legitimizing support for them. Dr. Moss has been deposed many times as a Psychiatric Expert Witness, and has also testified in a high-profile teenage suicide case in Texas, where his testimony was cited very favorably on review of the State of Texas Court of Appeals.
Dr. Moss's specialties include: Correctional Healthcare, Medical / Psychiatric Malpractice, Suicide / Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Emotional Trauma
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Jail Suicide
- Jails & Prisons
- Managed Care & HMOs
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Sexual Abuse
- Undue Influence
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Medical Licenses (active, unrestricted) in California and Illinois
Board Certified, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 1993
Certified Independent Medical Examiner, American Board of Independent Medical Examiners, 2008.
Doctor of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 1984 —1988
Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 1979 — 1983
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: President and Founder - MasteringTeleHealth.com (online training for clinicians and therapists)
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 6
Available Upon Request